Here is my best recipe for chicken drumstick at home. This recipe is very delicious, filling and can serve for breakfast, dinner or lunch. If you are looking for a different way to make your chicken drumstick, here is a good one.
So, the other day, I have lots of potatoes in my pantry, and I also have a kilogram of chicken drumstick in my fridge. At first I had wanted to make puff potatoes but I needed a complete meal for my family and not just a snack.
So, I decided to look for a recipe for chicken drumstick that will be suitable for the whole family, then I find this. Of course, I am happy to try this for the first time because the last time I tried beef and potato stir fry, I enjoyed it so much.
And now, this is an opportunity to add potato to my chicken recipe to serve as a side. So let me show you how I made this recipe for chicken drumstick.
Recipe For Chicken Drumstick
I started off making this recipe by cooking the chicken first. After I had washed the chicken drumstick properly with lemon juice, I then placed them in well spiced boiling water.
So, inside the sauce pan, I have water, smoked paprika, turmeric, rosemary, chopped onion, salt, and so on. And then I place the chicken drumstick in it and let it cook slowly. Once the chicken is done, I brought it out of the fire and shred it into small pieces and then set it aside.
next, I peeled the potatoes, cook it with some salt on a medium flame. Once it was done, I strained the water and mashed it into a puree. Then, I added some parsley, spice, corn starch and the shredded chicken.
And then mixed it well into a dough. After that, I just parted it into 4 places and mold each on the bone before frying it. Generally, potatoes contain less starch and that makes it to be very soft after mashing. Without extra starch, it will not hold.
So, it does not matter whether you use corn starch or rice starch for this recipe. Just ensure to add as much starch as may be needed. In addition, you may want to add some cheese to it, it will surely taste as nice and this potato cheese ball .
- 1kg of chicken drumstick (Actually, I used only 4 pieces of chicken out of this 1kg in this recipe)
- Chili powder to taste
- Turmeric to taste
- Rosemary to taste
- Thyme to taste
- oregano to taste
- Smoked paprika to taste
- white pepper to taste
- Garlic and ginger paste
- 2 large Russet potatoes
- Enough vegetable oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- First wash the chicken with clean water and lemon juice
- Then, get some water to a boil in a sauce pan.
- Add the rosemary, thyme, oregano, garlic and ginger paste, turmeric, smoke paprika, white pepper and salt to taste
- Peel and chop the onion quickly and add it into the boiling water
- Now place the washed chicken into the water, cover it and cook the chicken until it is done.
- After that, put off the flame, then drain the chicken and let it chill to the point you can handle it
- Once the chicken is chilled, shred it into small pieces with your bare hands or with fork. Then set the chicken bone and shredded aside
- Next, peel the potatoes, cut it into chunks and wash it with cod water
- Put some water in a sauce pan, get it to a boil, then put the potatoes in it and cook the potatoes until it is soft
- After that, drain the potatoes, put them in a lard bowl and mash it with potato masher or you can pound it using pestle and mortar
- Next you want to add the cornstarch now and the shredded chicken. Also add any spices and seasoning of your choice. I added parsley, and then mix it to form a dough
- After that, I just divided the dough into 4 portions and wrap it one after the other on the four chicken bones
- Finally, I poured the vegetable oil into a dry sauce pan, heated it up and then drop the chicken into the oil to fry
- Fried it until it is golden brown on both sides and here thee recipe for chicken drumstick is ready. You can enjoy it on its own, or dip it in a sauce or stew of choice