Once you you master how to cook chicken in milk, I bet you will only want to cook your chicken this way. There is no doubt that this recipe is super easy and tastes incredibly delicious. You will certainly want to always cook your chicken this way after a first trial.
When I learned that chicken cam be cooked in milk, I said let me give it a try and the result came out super amazing.
It then mean that, I could either fry the chicken after cooking, or just eat it straight away. I could also pop it into the oven for a few minutes to get it a little bit dried on the outside before eating it.
I first shared this recipe on my YouTube channel and some of the comments I got there are quite inspiring and motivate me to share more recipes.
For example James wrote “Just tried this recipe tonight but made one change. Fried the chicken in 💯 percent Virgin Olive Oil. Meat was very tender and seasoned to the bone! Can’t wait to cook for friends. Thank you for this great recipe!”
How To Cook Chicken In Milk
I started off cooking this chicken drumstick first by washing it with lemon and then add the chicken drumsticks in a pan together with milk. Next, I added water as well.
Then I put the salt, bay leaf and other ingredients and mix well. After that, I left it to cook on medium heat for about 20 minutes.
And then, I put all the spices and the the flour I want to coat the chicken with in a bowl. Mixed everything well, as soon as I finished mixing the ingredients, I set it aside.
Next in another bowl, I mixed my chicken eggs with flour together. After which I add some stock from the chicken and mix well. The stock was to aid the batter to get to the right consistency. If you do not want to use the chicken stock, swap it with milk or water.
After that I took the chicken drumsticks I have previously cooked, dip them into the egg mixture one after the other. And then coat them with the seasoned flour, Next the chicken drumstick are now dropped into in a hot oil and fried on medium heat.
Because the chicken have already been cooked it will only take a few minutes to fry and that is just that. Your yummy chicken in milk is ready.
- 1kg of chicken drumstick
- 3 bay leave
- 1 glass of whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of black ground pepper
For the Coating
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic granules
- 2 tablespoons of smocked paprika
- 1 teaspoon of ginger powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
For the batter
- 2 medium size of eggs
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 500ml of vegetable oil for frying
- First of all, wash the chicken drumstick with water and lemon juice. Then place them in a sauce pan one after the other.
- After that, pour a glass of milk and half glass of water into the sauce pan
- Add salt to taste, bay leave and black pepper as well. Then cover the sauce pan and cook for about 20 to 25 minutes on a medium heat
- Whilst the chicken is cooking, prepare the coating by mixing 1 cup of flour with salt, smocked paprika, garlic granules and turmeric in a bowl
- Then put another cup of all purpose flour in a bowl, break and pour two raw eggs in it and mix well. Next, take some stock out from the boiled chicken, put some in the batter and mix again until it nice in consistency.
- Pour the vegetable oil into a dry sauce pan, place it on a cooker to start heating up on a medium heat. The oil has to be hot enough to avoid the chicken from soaking lots of oil
- After that, take the previously boiled chicken in milk one at a time, dip it into the egg batter until it is well covered in batter
- Then, take it into the coating mix bowl, coat it well by gently pressing the coating mix on all sides of the chicken
- After that, put the coated chicken in the hot oil and fry until it is golden brown on all side.
- Once the chicken drumstick is cooked, take it out of the hot oil, place them on a rack. And let it rest for about 10 minutes, then serve.
- When you bite the chicken open, it is super tender and juicy on the inside, and crispy on the outside
- Most importantly, it taste great down to the born marrow.
How To Cook Chicken In Milk Video
Instead of adding individual spices to the coating, you can just add 1 tablespoon of chicken seasoning in it and mix properly. Finally, you may check out some of the amazing recipes on my youtube channel Here