Easy rice and egg recipe comes handy and supper needful towards the end of the month. Of course at month ends, your wallet is empty from all those impulse shopping and bills lol.
But even at that, you don’t have to worry, because I, am here here to help you with a quick diner, lunch or breakfast fix that is supper delicious, healthy and inexpensive for the family.
So, I am going to show you how to make Xiaoying Cuisines recipe for rice and egg. I made this dish with eggs, rice and vegetables. It’s quite suitable for both kids and adult. In fact, the whole family loves it.
So, no more beating around the bush, let us get started with how to make this unique recipe, you have not seen it before.
How Do You Make Easy Rice And Egg Recipe
First of all, Start with washing your rice very nice and clean And then soak it in water for about 30 minutes. However, you can parboil the rice for about 8 to 10 minutes depending on the type of rice you want to cook. For the regular African rice type which I used in this egg and rice recipe, I parboiled mine for 10 minutes.
While waiting for the rice to parboil or soak as the case may be. I quickly chop up some vegetables, garlic, onion and bacon I was going to use for the cooking.
Certainly, when I want to buy my vegetables and food items, I just try the much I can to choose healthy food without any insecticides and fertilizers. Also, remember to be aware of the dangers of unspecified and unchecked food. Check your food and don’t just eat everything up for your health sake.
So, after I finished cutting the onions, bacon, garlic and ginger, I set it aside. Then pour some oil in a frying pan, and fried the bacon, onion, ginger and garlic for about 1-2min Then throw in all the veggies into it.
At this point, I maintained the flame at medium and then put in all the spices. Mix it very well, and let it cook for about 2 minutes. And when the veggies are almost cooked, pour in water and get it to a boil.
Once it starts to boil, then pour the parboiled rice, crack in 4 chicken eggs. Close the lid and cook it for 7 to 10 minutes or until the liquid in the food dries up.
after the rice is cook, stir it and serve warm. The aroma of this meal is so amazing that you can feel it in your tongue. The rice is soft but dry and not mushy. The spices have all soaked every single grain of the rice making it taste good. The veggies are just as amazing and tasty as I expected them to be.
You definitely will like to try this inexpensive and delicious easy rice and egg recipe. It is quick, simple and nice to make. Once you have tried this recipe out, you will want to make always.
List of Ingredient
- 2 cups of short grain rice
- 200g of bacon
- 1 big fresh tomato
- 30ml of vegetable oil
- 1 small piece of ginger
- 1/2 cup of yellow and green bell pepper mix
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup of frozen super sweetcorn
- 1 red onion
- 1/2 cup of frozen green beans
Also You Need 1/2 teaspoon of the following seasoning
- smocked paprika
- white pepper
- 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- salt to taste
Sincerely, you do not need all of these seasoning, I just used them because I wanted to have an egg rice dish with complex note. For that reason, you may want to make use of the ingredients you already have at home.
For example, you may go for a garlic ginger paste in your shelf instead of mincing garlic cloves and ginger to save time. Also, you may swap in and out of some of the ingredients I used here.
For instance, you may want to use sausages or shredded beef in place of bacon. In addition, you may go for green peas instead of green beans. In addition, add some nicely diced potatoes and mushroom, it gives this dish nice texture and taste as well.
- Dice the bacon, tomatoes and onion nicely and set them aside. After that, dice the garlic and ginger and equally set it aside.
- wash the rice 2 to 3 time with warm water, then parboil it in a boiling water for about 10 minutes. After that, wash the rice with cold water to remove excess starch and to also stop the rice from cooking further. Once the rice is washed, place it in a bowl and set it aside
- Pour some vegetable oil in a frying pan, put the bacon and cook for 2 to 3 minutes
- Then add the minced garlic and ginger. Fry it for 1 to 2 minutes, then add onion and fry until they are a bit caramelized
- put salt to taste, add chili and all the spices and herbs i.e. the oregano, garlic granules, cumin, rosemary, white pepper, turmeric, smocked paprika, mix well
- Now add the sweetcorn, green beans, chopped tomatoes and frozen yellow and green bell pepper mix. Mix it well, add Worcestershire sauce then add water and let it boil for about 2 to 3 minutes
- Put the parboiled rice in the pan, even it out with a spoon, then crack 4 raw chicken eggs on it, sprinkle some salt in. Then, cover it and let it cook on a medium flame for 7 to 10 minutes. Once the rice is cooked, mix everything in the pan and the most delicious easy egg and rice recipe is ready.