Banana oatmeal pancake is easy, quick and simple to make. Also, this delicious pancake is perfect for a breakfast, or it can be used as a snack in the afternoon or any other time of the day.
Even more, it is rich in proteins, fiber and vitamins. So if you are used to making only oatmeal pancake, try this recipe out and you will love it. All you need for this recipe is just bananas, eggs and either rolled oats (i.e. the old fashioned oats) or the steel cut oats. Certainly, you can add other ingredients and some sweeteners such as sugar if you like.
Recently, lots of people have been searching all over the internet how to make oats and banana pancakes. And today, I will show you how to make the best banana with oats and eggs pancake from scratch. This pancake is super delicious, moist and of course very healthy.
How To Make Banana Oatmeal Pancake
Firs of all, I started with the major ingredients which are the bananas, rolled oats and eggs. So, I took the rolled oats in a blender. Then peeled the banana, break them into 3 and dump them in the blender.
As I will always say, the best ripe banana for this recipe is the very type with brown spots all over it. In fact, the more the dark spots on the banana, the sweeter the banana become. And, that in turn makes the pancake taste better better. In that case, you may not need a sweetener into the pancake because banana will do that job.
I learned the secrets of bananas with dark spots when I made this moist banana bread. It came out very flavourfull and ever since then, I make sure my banana is very well ripe before making any recipe it.
Once I have added the banana in a blender, then I add the milk, sugar, vegetable oil, baking powder, salt and ground Sinnamon followed. After that, I gave it a quick blend, then go ahead with the making in a pan.
How I fried it was simply, heating up the pan, added some vegetable oil. Then scoop some of the batter into the pan, let it cook for about 3 to 4 minutes. After that, I turn it to the other side and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes.
You may add vanilla flavour into the batter for more enhanced flavour. However, you do not necessarily, have to add vanilla flavour or cinnamon to it. Because, the flavour of the the ripe banana is good enough to give you the maximum taste you desire.
Also, you may throw in some peanuts because peanuts taste so good in banana. But before you add the peanut, ensure you do not have a peanut allergy.
In addition, add more or less sugar in this recipe to suit your taste. Many people do not like to add more sugar, as the sugar in the banana will sweeten the pancake well enough.
- 2 big size well ripe banana with dark spots
- 4 Large free range eggs
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 30ml of whole fresh milk (you can use milk powder if you do not have the liquid type)
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon (this is optional)
- 1 tablespoon of caster sugar
- 5 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of iodized salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- First of all, peel the bananas and break them into three or four pieces
- Then put the banana in a blender, add the rolled oats you have measured out
- Now, break the eggs and take it in the blender as well
- After that, add the sugar, milk, two tablespoon of vegetable oil, baking powder, salt, cinnamon
- Then blend it for 2 to 3 minutes or until it is smooth enough to your taste
- If the batter is not thick enough to your taste, add more oats to ensure you get the right batter texture you want. However, if it gets to thick, add some milk or water to lighten it up
- After blending, collect the batter in a clean medium size bowl
- Then, place a frying pan on a cooker and ensure the flame is on a medium low
- Drizzle some vegetable oil in the pan, then scoop about 3 to 4 tablespoon of the batter into the pan
- Let it cook for about 3 to 4 minutes, then turn it to the other side to cook
- You will know if it is the right time to turn it when the edges of the pancakes has develop some brown crux and some bubbles seen on the surfaces of the pancakes
- Once, you have turn the pancake, let it cook for about 1 to 2 minutes more and it is cooked
- Take it out of the pan, place it in a clean nice plate. And then repeat the process until all the batter is exhausted
- After making the pancakes, enjoy it with some fruits and any hot chocolate or drink of choice
Video Banana Oatmeal Pancake
Make banana oatmeal pancake by blending rolled oats, banana, eggs, sugar, milk, salt, vegetable oil, salt, cinnamon into a batter. Scoop the batter into a hot frying pan and cook in few minutes until the two side are nicely cooked and light brown.
Finally, enjoy your well prepared pancakes with fruits, and hot chocolate for breakfast. How do you like to enjoy your pancakes?