Enjoy this supper delicious dessert with banana at the end of any meal, and get a maximum satisfaction. Generally, desserts are usually sweet food such as ice cream which you have at the end of meals. Typically, they are sugary and light in nature.
Certainly, the recipe is quite easy, simple and quick to make. And most importantly, if you like fruits, you would probably have all the ingredients you need for this awesome dessert with banana at home.
In addition, you need only banana as the major fruits in this deserts while you are free to add other fruits you like to it. The taste of this dessert with banner varies depending on what you are biting per time.
For example, when you bite the sour grapes with the sweet custard base, the sweet and sour taste is just legendry. And remember, because the are seven different fruits in this dessert, plus the biscuit.
surely, you are getting a different texture, taste and mouth feel per scoop while enjoy is this goodness. You certainly, never going to be bored at any point, having this dessert with banana.
How I Made This Dessert With Banana
First of all, I started off with peeling and then cutting the banana into a thin circles. After that, I went ahead to cut the apple into tiny bits. Also, I peeled the kiwifruits, slice them into small pieces and set them aside.
I chose a variety of fruits with banana to make this desserts, because I want to get as much nutrients and of course satisfaction from the dessert. And, With the combination of all the fruits, the dessert with banana came out very colouful, delicious and quite appetizing.
So, after I have cut the banana, kiwi and apples, I combined them with the rest of the fruits which are frozen. I had earlier bought a pack of mixed fruits comprising of blueberries, sour grapes, black currant and cherries.
With those at hand, it was easy for me to whip up, this battle of the fruits dessert with banana together. Even more, the making was straight forward, no drama, no eggs involved, no bullshit.
Most importantly, I drizzled some lemon juice all over the cut fruits. What this lemon juice does is to prevent oxidation from taking place on the cut fruits. Especially, the apples and banana tend to darken faster than the rest.
Also, the lemon juice, helps to enhance the taste of the fruits. So, I strongly recommend, you splash some lemon juice, once you are done cutting the fruits.
Putting It All Together
Once the fruits are all ready, I just arranged them in a bowl. Starting off by arranging the fruits in a single layer. Also, I made sure that everyone of the fruits got a spot on the first layer. That way, the dessert with banana comes out all nice and colourful at the end.
In addition, I broke the biscuits into small pieces, and then place them on a single layer on the arranged fruits. The bite of the biscuits in the deserts base plus the fruits hits differently.
Next, I simply place a sauce pan on the cooker, pour in the milk and let it simmer on a low flame for about 2 to 3 minutes. Then, as the milk is simmering, I added caster sugar and corn starch. While on it I gently stir it consistently until the mixture sets.
Remember not to let the milk boil, and once the corn starch is in, stir consistently so that it does not form lumps. However, if by peradventure the mixture develop lumps in it, it is fine. All you need to do is to Just sieve it after it is ready. That way, you will be left with a smooth base for the dessert.
Once the base is ready, I just let it to cool down a bit, then pour it directly into the arranged fruits. Then shake it to let the base get to the bottom of the bowl. Next, I cover it up with a cling film, and let it chill in the fridge for 3 to 4 hours.
After that, the yummy dessert is ready. The red juice from the frozen cherries licked into the dessert making is even more colourful. And the various fruits provides load of vitamins, and fibber in the dessert. That makes it more healthy than the regular desserts out there.
What Are The 4 Types Of Deserts
The 4 types of desserts include
You decide how thin or thick you want the dessert base to be. The thinner it is, the easier it binds the fruits. But, that makes it easy to crumble as well. Also, you may use any type of fruits you have to make this desserts, of course with the addition of banana.
If you noticed, I did not peel the apple before use. This is because, I want to lock in all the fiber and other nutrients in the apple into the dessert. However, feel free to to peel yours if you do not like to eat the apples with the skin. Also, you can use other colouful fruits like raspberry, our strawberry for this recipe.
- 2 medium size kiwifruit
- 1 large banana
- 1/4 cup of sour grapes
- 3 tablespoon of frozen black currant
- 1/4 cup of frozen maraschino cherries
- 1 large apple
- 1/4 cup of frozen blackberries
- 1/2 medium size of lemon
- 3 pieces of digestive biscuit ( use any biscuit or cookies you have)
For making the base
- 900ml of fresh whole milk
- 3 table spoon of caster sugar
- 4 teaspoon of cornstarch
Dessert With Banana Making Instruction
- Peel the banana and kiwifruit nicely. Slice the banana into slim circles, and cut the kiwifruits as well
- After that, cut the apple from each side making sure not to let the core and seed in. Once you have removed the core, cut it into small pieces
- Arrange all the fruits in a tray, squeeze and drizzle the lemon juice from the lemon on the fruits and set it aside
- Now to make the base, Pour the milk in a sauce pan, put on the flame on a medium low and let the milk simmer (not boil)
- Put the sugar in the milk, stir it until the sugar is all dissolved in the milk. Then put some water in the corn starch, dissolve it and pour it inside the milk
- Continue to stir it until the the mixture is set, you will notice as the colour will change a bit to cream shade
- Put it out of the flame, let it cool down a bit. While it is cooling, arrange the fruits in a bowl
- First arrange the fruits on a single layer at the bottom of the bowl and then stark it up. Make sure that at least each of the fruits gets a spot at the first layer. Then proceed to arranging all the fruits in the bowl.
- After that, gradually dose in the milk base into the the arranged fruits
- Tap it a bit t0 ensure that the base has gone round the bowl
- Cover it with a cling film and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours.
- Also, it has become firm and taken the shape of the bowl. Now turn it upside down in a large plate, cut and enjoy.