I made this easy lunch recipe with eggs, assorted vegetables, corn, ham and cheese. It is so delicious, full of colours, flavours and quite appetizing. Most importantly, this lunch recipe is something you can eat for lunch, breakfast, dinner and as well snack on it at any given time of the day.
There are a handful of lunch recipes out there, such as this spaghetti recipe or this special fried rice. However, in this post, I promise to give you the most beautiful, delicious and of course the best and easy lunch recipe with eggs.
So, the other day, I decided to make this easy lunch recipe for my family of three. After cooking I took a taste of the devine yumminess, then tasted it some more and more lol. At some point, I felt guilty because I had eaten like two portions because I was so enjoying the meal to the core .
Finally I had to stop when I had eaten about 65% of the meal, no jokes at all. You know what? the remaining portion is no way going to feel my husband after he is back home from work. yes we eat heavy, and when the meal is a lot more delicious than regular, we even eat heavier in that case.
So, what I left ended up serving as a snack for my husband as he has to eat another meal for diner that day. i do not know about money but for sure, good food will make you happy at least for a moment lol.
Fun fact about this meal made out of this easy lunch recipe is that, it is quite fluffy and light. Plus the fact that it is super delicious, so it has a way of making you eat, and eat and eat some more.
Therefore, I recommend, you scale up this easy lunch recipe to ensure that everyone eat to their satisfaction.
Easy Lunch Recipe Made With Eggs
First of all, I started off making this meal with breaking the eggs into a medium size bowls. I chose to use lots of eggs because it gives this food the right texture and bidding I wanted. So after that, I beat the eggs until bubbles or foam starts to form on it.
Then I went head to put in the sliced ham, green beans, chopped tomatoes, sweet corn, chopped onions, oregano, cumin and salt to taste. Once I was done with that, I mix all of them together, until they are well combined.
Next, I added the flour into it and gradually mix them all together until they are well mixed. Then, I turned the mixture into my oven dish, cover it up with the shredded cheddar cheese.
Finally, I popped it into the pre heated oven, and allowed it to bake for 35 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius. Certainly, the aroma of the combined flavour of ham, cheese and egg saturated the whole of the kitchen as the food cooks.
After about 35 minute, I got it down, allowed it to cool down a bit for a couple of minutes. Then cut it into scoop able sizes. And then the eating started. The texture is quite indescribable as the green peas and sweet corn played a great role there.
Then the ham combined with the eggs and cheese gave the food an amazing umami feel. Overal, I will say, this is going to be the most delicious, healthy and easy lunch you have eaten before now.
And most importantly, You may not need to go out to shop for the ingredients. Because, your probably have all you need for make it in your kitchen.
You can swap in and out of the ingredients I used here to make your own meal. For example, you may want to swap the ham slices with sausages or salami. In my case I had to make use of the ham slices I use for breakfast that was in the fridge.
Also, there was a few fresh tomatoes lying there in the kitchen. In addition, I had some left over flour, raw eggs and spices in my kitchen cabinet. So it was so easy for my to whip up this easy lunch recipe.
Most importantly, you may not need to measure the ingredients to get the right result. If you are from Africa, Nigeria precisely, you will agree with me that you do not necessarily, have to measure food ingredients to get the best result.
Certainly, I just use my eyes to gauge the ingredients one after the other and more often than not, I was not disappointed. So try combining your ingredients with measuring cups of scale when next you want to cook at home.
- 5 medium size of eggs
- 1/2 cup of frozen sweet corn
- 1 medium size of carrot (grate it)
- 3 cooked sliced ham slices (dice them into cubes)
- 1 large size fresh tomato (chop it)
- 1/2 cups of frozen green peas (you can use unfrozen one)
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/4 of cumin powder (do not skip, the taste in the eggs is amazing)
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 chopped medium size red onion
- 11/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- salt to taste
- First of all, put on the oven and set it at the temperature of 180 degrees Celsius to start the pre heating processing.
- While the oven is pre heating, break and pour the eggs in a clean bowl. Add cumin, oregano and salt into the eggs
- Beat the eggs very well until the yoke and the egg whites and all the seasoning have combined evenly.
- After that, put the chopped onion and tomatoes, add the diced ham slices, sweet corn, green peas and grated carrots
- Mix them all together until they are well combined
- Then put the flour now and gently stir it properly. After that, grease the oven dish with butter or oil spray. Now turn in the mixture into the greased oven dish. Cover it with shredded cheddar cheese
- Put the dish into the preheated oven, and bake it at 180 degree Celsius for 35 to 40 minutes
- After that, bring out the baked food, let it cool down for a few minutes and then enjoy the meal
For this easy lunch recipe with eggs, combine eggs, green peas, onions, sweet corn, ham, carrots, fresh tomatoes and flour nicely. Then season it with salt, oregano and cumin. Cover it with cheese and bake for 35 to 40 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.