How to make oats pancakes are just simple, quick and easy. This easy oats pancakes recipe are quite delicious breakfast that you can make in just a few minutes. More interestingly, you will be able to find all the ingredients you need for this oats pancakes in your kitchen.
You can snack on the pancake in the afternoon, or you can use it for breakfast. Personally, I like to enjoy mine with hot chocolate an milk.
Pancake with oat flour are very healthy, they are loaded with protein and fiber. Most importantly, they are gluten free. Before now, I always enjoy my pancake with the regular flour until my son came along.
He loves pancakes so much, so that made me to start getting a bit concerned which led me to find a better way to making the pancakes more healthy.
And that was how the pancake with oats came up. Certainly, I have seen lots of oats pancakes making the round, but here is the best way I like to make my pancakes now.
This recipe is a bit on the savoury side because because of the cumin, and it is the cumin that gave it an exceptional test. Also, I decided to add no sugar to it and it still came out very delicious. However, Some people cannot do without sugar in pancakes, if that is you, please feel free to add some sugar or any sweeter you like.
In addition, if you have the regular oats which are not blended and you do not want to blend them. Or if for some reason you are unable to blend the oats. That is okay, do not worry because you actually can make your pancakes with the regular none blended oats.
How Do You Make Oatmeal Pancakes From Scratch
First of all, ground the oats
In a blender If you don’t already have the oats flour. After that, measure out the quantity of oatmeal you want in a bowl depending on the number of people you want to feed
Next, pour some milk into it, add cumin and salt, then mix very well. Add some cheese to it ( cheese is very optional here. After that, crack open the eggs, throw them into the bowl and mix very well.
Grease a frying pan with butter or vegetable oil, pour the oatmeal pancake batter into it and cook for 4 to 6 minutes. Also, you can go ahead to make the pancakes without grinding the oats.
Question: Are oatmeal pancakes good for you?
Answer: yes, oatmeal pancakes are good for you because they are loaded with protein and fiber. And the are gluten free, you can even make it without sugar and it will test amazingly great. If you are a vegan, just make it with coconut milk or any none animal milk you like. Also, replace eggs with lots of baking powder and oil. That will give you a nice texture and an awesome mouth feel.
Question: What is the healthiest Pancake?
Answer: I will consider oats pancakes as the healthiest pancakes because of the high fiber and protein in it. Even more, oats, is gluten free and did not undergo heavy refining process like the regular white flour. Also, coconut flour pancakes are healthy.
Question: Can You Make Pancake Without Eggs
Answer: yes, that would be something similar to an easy vegan pancake. All what you need is to swap eggs and cow milk with coconut or almond milk. Then add some oil for texture and mouthfeel. finally, put lots of baking powder, that will give you the fluffy texture eggs would have otherwise given
So let’s get started with the ingredients, actually this recipe is just for one person. So if you need to make for more people, just scale it up to match the number of people you are making it for.
- 2 tablespoon of rolled oats
- 2 medium size of eggs
- A pinch of cumin
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon of Vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon of cheese (optional)
- 2 tablespoon of warm Milk
Oats Pancakes Cooking Procedure
- Measure out the oats into a bowl, then add the warm milk to it and mix. Next add the cumin, the salt and cheese into the bowl and mix very well until they have all combined nicely. Then break and add the eggs in it and mix well
- After that, melt the cheese, and also add it into the batter. You can also use spreadable cheese or skip it if you like.
- Put a frying pan on a medium flame, then grease it with the vegetable oil. After that, pour the oat pancake batter into the frying pan and then use a spoon or a spatula to level it up evenly.
- Cover the frying pan and cook it for 4 to 5 minutes. After that, flip it over to the other side and cook again for about 1 minute or 2 minutes.
- Now, your oats pancakes are cooked, take it out of the frying pan and serve with any drink and fruits of your choice
Oats Pancakes Video
Please watch the video demonstration of the oats pancakes recipe below