If you are looking for the best and easiest recipe for corn dog, Then look no further. Because in this post, I am going to walk you through to the simplest corn dog recipe.
First of all, corn dogs are basically sausages stocked on a stick, coated in a thick layer of corn dog batter batter. And then, you can decide if you want to deep fry it or air fry it.
Certainly, corn dogs taste so good, they are a bit crisp on the outside and perfect for cold weather and every weather. In addition, you can make corn dog whole, or cut them into small sizes to make mini corn dogs.
Even more, corn dogs are very popular in many parts of the world. Also, they have a packaged version of corn dog sold in the shops. However, the shop version are not very affordable.
Therefore, in this post, I will show you how to make the most yummy and authentic homemade corn dog. Without wasting much of your time, let us get started with the ingredients first.
- 6 Sausages (the main ingredient)
- 11/4 cups Breadcrumbs for coating
- Sticks (to hold the sausages)
- Vegetable oil for frying
Corn Dog Batter
- 2 cups All purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Fresh milk
- 4 tablespoon Sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon Salt
- Egg 1 large size
Corn Dog Batter
- To make corn dog batter, First sieve the all purpose flour into a bowl to get it aerated
- Add salt, sugar, break the egg into the bowl and finally pour in the fresh milk
- Then whisk it well till they are well combined together, thick and smooth. If the corn dog batter come out very thin, add some more flour to it. Also, if it is too thick, you want to add a little more milk
- After that, pour the corn dog batter into a tall glass or cup to make it easy for dipping
- Pour the breadcrumbs in another long container and set it aside
Recipe For Corn Dog Cooking Procedure
- Pierce the sausages with the stick from one long end
- Hold the sausage on the stick and gently dip it into the tall glass filled with corn dog batter
- Then transfer the sausage into the breadcrumbs. Roll it gently to ensure a lot of breadcrumbs gets stuck on batter coating the sausage. In addition, use your hand to squeeze the breadcrumbs onto the batter
- Coat the whole of the sausages with corn dog batter and breadcrumbs, then set them aside on a single layer
- Poor the vegetable oil into a dry frying pan. Heat it up on a medium to high heat until the oil is very hot
- Gently drop the coated sausages into the hot oil and fry for about 3 minutes or till they have turned golden brown
- flip the sausages around at interval so that the whole side will cook evenly
- After frying, Bring out the corn dogs from the frying oil and enjoy the yummy dish. You also want to garnish it with some ketchup and mayonnaise
It is important to coat the batter on the sausages with lots of breadcrumbs for better presentation.
However, if the coating happens to fall apart. You want to dip the sausage back into that corn dog batter. After that, coat it again with breadcrumbs.
Even more, make sure that the corn dog batter is very thick, this helps a lot to give the corn dog structure.
So you want to fry the corn dogs 2 or 3 pieces at a time to avoid reducing the temperature of the frying oil drastically.
Corn Dog In Air Fryer
To make corn dog in air fryer, First and foremost, coat the sausages with corn dog batter and breadcrumbs.
Line the air fryer basket with aluminum foil or parchment paper. This step is very important to prevent making a mess of the air fryer with batter.
Preheat the air fryer for about 5 minutes. After that, spray some cooking oil in the air fryer to avoid the corn dogs from getting stocked.
Then place the coated sausages into the air fryer basket. Cook them for about 8 to 10 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrinhiet. Flip the Sausages at every 3 to 4 minutes interval for even cooking.
Also, you may cook the corn dogs longer than 10 minutes if you have not achieved your desired corn dog brown colour.
Bring out the corn dogs from air fryer and enjoy after cooking. Above all, the corn dog batter for this recipe must be very thick and you need to stick as much breadcrumbs on the batter as possible.
Because when the sausages are firmly coated, there are not going to fall apart in the air fryer.
Also read other yummy air fryer recipes:
Corn Dog With Cheese
To make corn dog with cheese, first cut the sausages into two equal halves. After that, pierce the sticks into them, then put mozzarella cheese sticks same lenght of the corn dogs into the stick.
Then, dip them one after the other into to the corn dog batter as was written above. Transfer them into the the breadcrumbs and coat them very well before dip frying in a hot oil.
Certainly, you must make sure that the corn dog batter is very thick to be able to coat the sausage and cheese very well.
So, in this recipe for corn dog, make it right by dipping the sausages on a stick into a thick corn dog batter. Then deep fry it in a hot oil for about 3 minutes or untill it is golden brown.
Also, make corn dog in an air fryer by cooking the coated corn dog in an air fryer for 8 to 10 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.