How to make an air fryer pizza rolls is so simply, quick and easy. In terms of air fryer, everything seems to cook so quick and fast and usually it tastes really awesome too.
Certainly, the benefits of air fryer is numerous. Fie example, it is very convenient to use, it safe and of course makes healthy food.
So this air fryer pizza rolls is just similar to every other pizza rolls you know about. However, what made this one a little bit different is because it is done in an air fryer. Even more, this recipe is so fun to do and it will be great to get the kids involved.
And to make pizza rolls in the air fryer, all you need is to start with the dough first. You see there are many recipes out there for pizza rolls. Some people use some sort of soft wrap as a dough. You really can make use of anything you want that suit your taste.
However, for today recipe, I am going to give you the details of a nice air fryer pizza rolls step by step easy cooking method.
So to wip up this pizza rolls, start with getting the yeast dough ready just as in the regular pizza recipe. As soon as the dough has proofed.
Next thing you want to roll it out on a work table with a rolling pin and then start to dress it like you would a regular pizza
Start with rubbing some generous amount of pizza sauce or pasta sauce on the dough. Sprinkle it with some shredded cheese. After that, add some slice salami. Also you can use peperoni and any other ingredients you like
After that, roll up the pizza and cut them into smaller sizes then cook them in the air fryer. This is a very amazing meal you can go for anytime.
- Pizza sauce 5 tablespoon
- Slices Salami 1/2 cup
- Shredded cheddar cheese 1/2 cup
- Sliced olive 3 tablespoon
For The Dough
- All purpose flour 2 cups
- Sugar 1/2 cup
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Melted butter 1/4 cup
- Warm milk 1/2 cup
- Instant active dry yeast 11/2 teaspoon
- vegetable oil 3 tablespoon
Air Fryer Pizza Rolls Cooking Method
- After that, mix the warm milk and melted butter together. And then, start pouring it into the flour mixture bit by bit. To ensure you do not end up with a very soft and sticky dough.
- First of all, make the dough by mixing all the dry ingredients first. So, I would mix flour, sugar, salt and the dry yeast in a clean bowl with a spatula
- I recommend, you do not dump all your liquids into the flour at once. Because the type of flour you are working with determines the amount of liquid to use per time
- As you tip in the liquid, keep mixing it until you have achieved a desired dough that is not too tough and also not too soft and sticky. Then transfer the dough on a work surface, knead it for 6 to 10 minutes or until the dough is a bit stretchy and very smooth
- After the dough is ready, rub it with some vegetable oil all over to enable it proof better. Also, you want to rub the bowl too with some of the vegetable oil
- Cover the bowl with a towel very tightly and leave it to proof for about 1 hour to 1 hour 30 minutes
- After about 1 hour depending on your your room temperature, the dough has proofed. You will know if the dough is proofed when it has almost doubled in size, and has some bubbles like on the surface
- Sprinkle some flour on a work surface, transfer the dough on it, and give it a quick kneading to remove the air
- And then, use a rolling pin to flatten it into a thin flat sheet
- After that, spread some pizza sauce on the dough, you can use a pasta sauce or any tomato based sauce you want
- Top it with the sliced olive, and the shredded cheddar cheese, next put the sliced salami on it. Good thing, you can also use pepperoni, chicken, beef, mushroom or any topping of choice
- After topping and dressing the dough, then start to roll it from the longest side gently and tightly to the other end. After rolling, you have a stuffed lug of pizza
- Now, cut them into smaller sizes, place them on a tray, cover them and let them proof again for about an hour
- Once the sliced pizza rolls is ready, preheat the air fryer for about 5 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- place them on a single layer with some gaps in between the air fryer basket, set the time for 20 minutes, and temperature for 400 degrees Fahrinhiet to start cooking
- After 10 minutes, you want to flip the pizza rolls over and cook again for another 10 minutes
- At this point, you have a well cooked delicious slightly golden brown air fryer pizza rolls ready for some bites. If after 20 minutes they are not well cooked, you can cook it for another 2 to 3 minutes.. Also read other amazing air fryer recipes air fryer chicken breast, frozen French fries in air fryer
I recommend you don’t go really thick with your toppings. Because you want to roll up the pizza after topping. Also, remember the dough of the pizza rolls will expand in the air fryer while they are cooking. So, you don’t want them sticking up together.
For that reason, you want to space them up very well in the air fryer basket before cooking. Even more, you can line your basket with an aluminum foil or a baking sheet before you start the cooking process to cut down on mess.
Certainly, you do not have to worry about the the rolls unravelling because the dough is a bit sticky. So, once they are tightly rolled up, they should be able to stay in place and not unravel
How to make a flawless air fryer pizza rolls begins with making the dough. After that, flatten the dough with a rolling pin. Dress the dough with toppings starting with pizza sauce, olive, cheese, salami and so on.
Finally, roll up the dressed dough, cut them into small sizes. Then cook in the air fryer for 20 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrinhiet
If you will like to get an easy to use air fryer, I recommend this one from amazon. It is a simple 6 in one kitchen gadget with bake, max crisp, air fry, roast, dehydrate, reheat and fry functions. To purchase, follow this link
Some of the links here contain affiliate link and I may get a commission if you purchase from the link. Certainly, this is going to be at absolutely no extra cost to you.