Traditionally, French fries are simply potato chips also known as finger chips. They are cooked by deep frying them in a hot oil. However, using air fryer to cook them will give you the opportunity to have little to no oil on the fries.
Therefore, if you always want a healthier alternative for cooking French fries, then this is absolutely going to be of help to you.
So if you are looking for how to make the best crispy frozen French fries in an air fryer, worry no more. Because I am going to show you the easy step by step method to achieve a nice air fryer frozen French fries in a few minutes.
- Nicely cut Frozen russet potatoes chips 250g
- Cooking oil pray 1/2 tablespoon
- Black pepper 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
Air Fryer Frozen French Fries Cooking Method
- First of all, preheat the air fryer for about 5 minutes at the temperature of 400 degree Fahrenheit . And, this will set it all hot and ready to be used.
- While it is heating up, cut open the frozen potato chips if they are in a pack. Put some in a bowl, sprinkle a little salt and pepper on it, mix it very well and set it aside. You can also add any other spices you like into it
- Then bring out the air fryer basket, spray some cooking oil in it. And then, put the seasoned frozen French fries inside the basket and pop it into the air fryer. Spray some cooking oil about half a teaspoon on the French fries
- Set the air fryer temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and the time for 10 minutes
- Let it cook for about 5 minutes, then bring out the basket, give it a very nice shake. Also, you an use a kitchen tong to move them around the basket. This step is very important to enable them evenly cook very nice and crispy
- After that, pop the basket back into the air fryer and let it cook for another 5 minutes. At this point, they are cooked. if you like, you want to season it some more with some salt and pepper. Also, you may add any other season you desire and enjoy your well cooked French fries.
It is imperative for you not to over crowd the air fryer with the French fries. This is because, the air fryer works by circulating hot air round the air fryer to cook your food.
For that reason, if the air fryer gets too crowded or over filled, all the French fries will not get hot air evenly. Certainly, that will not give you the crispy French fries you would like to have.
In addition, if you do not wish to preheat the airfryer, you may need to increase the cooking time to 15 minutes. Try to shake the basket half way into the cooking.
Furthermore, you do not necessarily need an oil for this recipe, so you can skip it if you do like oil.
Finally, you can serve you French fries with some ketchup. or sauce such as this seafood boil sauce
If you will like to get an easy to use air fryer, I recommend this one from amazon. It is a simple 6 in one kitchen gadget with bake, max crisp, air fry, roast, dehydrate, reheat and fry functions. To purchase from Amazon, follow this link
Some of the links here contain affiliate link and I may get a commission if you purchase from the link. Certainly, this is going to be at absolutely no extra cost to you.
In conclusion, cook Frozen French fries in an airfryer by first heating up the airfryer for about 5 minutes. Cook the seasoned French fries for 10 to 15 minutes at the temperature of 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
However, you may cook for 10 minutes after preheating the airfryer, and 15 minutes if you do not want to preheat the air fryer. Most importantly, do not over fill the airfyer with the fries in other to get a nicely cooked crispy fries.