In this article, I am going to show you how to make roasted air fryer Brussel sprouts. If you don’t like sprouts from Brussels and you’ve never tried to roast them, you would want to do so after seeing this recipe.
Most importantly, Brussel sprouts are quite similar to tiny cabbages and closely related to kale according to Healthline. There are really healthy to consume as they contain lots of nutrients beneficial to the body. Feel free to enjoy air fryer Brussel sprouts as a side dish or on its own. Also read air fryer steak
Personally, when it comes to Brussels sprouts I’m careful unless they’re roasted, otherwise I won’t touch them and they’re totally delicious. Certainly, when you make Brussels sprouts in an air fryer with following this recipe, you will not regret it. So, let us start with the ingredients we need for this air fryer brussels sprouts recipe.
- Brussel spout 500g
- Olive oil 1 tablespoon
- Salt 1/2 teaspoon
- Garlic powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Black pepper 1/4 teaspoon
How to Make Brussels Sprouts in Air Fryer
- The first thing you want to do is to wash the Brussel sprouts very well under a running water. After that, cut the Brussels sprouts in half. Also those that are really too big, you may cut them into three or four pieces
- Now put all the Brussels sprouts into a clean deep bowl, gradually drizzle one tablespoon of olive oil into the bowl. After that, I am going to put some garlic powder, half teaspoon of salt, and some fresh black pepper
- Now, mix all the Brussel sprouts with the spices, the salt and olive oil very well. You want to wash your hand and do the mixing with your hands or you can make use of some nice spoon
- After that, get the clean basket from the air fryer. If it is not clean, you want to make sure you clean it very well. And then, after that Pour all the Brussel sprouts you have have spiced up into the air fryer basket
- If you are worried about cleaning up your air fryer after use, you just want to line up the basket with a liner like a baking sheet or aluminum foil. Basically, you have little to no clean up to make after cooking when you line the air fryer basket with a liner
- Now next thing is to pop the air fryer basket into the air fryer. Then set it at the temperature of 400 degrees Celsius and let it cook for about 8 to 10 minutes. You may want to sett the timer of the air fryer for 10 minutes but check how well they have cooked at around 5 minutes.
- At 5 minutes, bring out the Brussels spouts from the air fryer, shake it very well right in the basket and pop it back in to cook for another 5 minutes. Also, you can use a fork or spoon to turn the sprouts. This is to make sure all side of the Brussel sprouts cooks properly
- After the 5 minutes, bring out the roasted Brussels sprouts from air fryer and serve
Because you can use a frozen Brussel sprouts for this recipe, All you need to do is to defrost it first in the air fryer. After that, season it and cook following the method above.
In conclusion, to achieve air fryer Brussel sprouts, wash and cut them in halves. Next season them with garlic powder, pepper, salt and olive oil. Cook it in the air fryer for 8 to 10 minutes at 400 degrees Celsius.
If you will like to get an easy to use air fryer, I recommend this one from amazon. It is a simple 6 in one kitchen gadget with bake, max crisp, air fry, roast, dehydrate, reheat and fry functions. To purchase, follow this link
Some of the links here contain affiliate link and I may get a commission if you purchase from the link. Certainly, this is going to be at absolutely no extra cost to you.