Air fryer baked potato is crispy, fluffy, light, easy and quick to make. Unlike the regular microwave bake potatoes, this one takes a very short time to put together. So, I am going to show you in this post how to make the most delicious crispy air fryer baked potato in a few minutes.
Of course, you can microwave your potatoes, which might be faster. However, you are most likely not going to get that crispy skin the air fryer bake potato provides. Also, I think that the potatoes baked in the air fryer tastes a lot better than zapping them in the microwave.
Certainly, this air fryer baked potato are totally enjoyable to everyone, and it does not matter whether you are vegan or a meat eater. Even more, you can enjoy this dish on its own with lots of toppings of your choice, or with a rich seafood sauce.
Let’s move forward and get started as I walk you through to the simplest step by step air fryer baked potato which is fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside
- potatoes 4 pieces
- Sea Salt 1/2 teaspoon
- ground black pepper 1/2 teaspoon
- vegetable oil 1 tablespoon
How To Make Air Fryer Baked Potato
- First of all, start by washing the potatoes real good under a running water. This is essential because you want all the sound and any dirty stocked to them well cleaned off
- After that, place the washed potatoes on a chopping board or work surface. And then, use a kitchen towel or a kitchen role to dab off all the water on the skin of the potatoes
- Create some tiny holes all over the potatoes with the help of a fork or small knife. All you need to do is poke the potatoes with a fork at different spots to aid the potatoes not to crack while cooking.
- Now gently, brush some vegetable oil all over the skin of the potatoes
- After that, sprinkle some sea salt and pepper on both sides of the potatoes
- After that, pop the seasoned potatoes into the air fryer with the help of a kitchen tong. Also, you can help yourself with your fingers
- Switch the air fryer on, and set it on BAKE. Adjust temperature to 390 degrees Celsius and the time for 20 minutes and cook
- After that, turn the potatoes on the other side, cover the air fryer and cook again for 15 minutes. And the very potatoes should be cooked at this point
- After cooking the potatoes, bring them out from the air fryer, place them on a flat tray or chop board
- cut across each of them horizontally and vertically one after the other with a knife or with a bread knife
- place some butter or cheese in between them and enjoy the luxurious yummy air fryer baked potato. Also read air fryer burger recipe
Tips For The Best Air Fryer Bake Potato
Most importantly, the duration of cooking the potatoes in the air fryer depends on the size. And the type of air fryer you are cooking the potatoes with. For example, if you are using this 5.2 litters Ninja air fryer max with 6 different cooking functions. Then, you need to cook for about 35 minutes to 40 minutes when you are cooking medium size potatoes.
However, if you are not sure whether they are cooked. Use a knife to poke at them to ensure they are properly cooked and fluffy on the inside. Also the knife or fork you use should be able to pernitrate the potatoes without resistance.
So, if after a total of 35 minutes, the potatoes are not yet well cooked. Allow it to cook for more 5 to 10 minutes or as much time as might be required
So, if you are new to trying out air fryer for the time time, or looking for the best easy to use air fryer with multi functions, then I recommend this Ninja air fryer
There are mazing yummy and easy to make recipes to make with this Ninja air fryer, such as this awesome air fryer burger recipe, chicken wings, bacon and so on. Also, I choose this over others because I can bake, air fry, dehydrate, reheat, roast and made a max crisp recipes with this simple one kitchen gadget.
So, If you are looking for a simple easy to use air fryer, you may purchase through this link on amazon here
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Do Baked Potatoes cook faster with or without foil?
Answer: Generally, baked potatoes is best made without aluminum foil. This is because, foil allow moisture retention on the skin of the potatoes while baking. As a result, this will not allow for the crispy skin texture expected from a baked potato. So when you wrap foil over your air fryer baked potato while cooking, you have indirectly ended up boiling the potatoes instead of baking.
Q. What Can I put on my baked potatoes instead of butter?