How to make chocolate cake is pretty easy and simple. You probably will have all the ingredients you need for a good chocolate cake in your kitchen. And the most important thing is that you can make this cake without butter, eggs or oven. You simply need to decide what exactly you want the cake to be before you put up this deserts recipe together.
Certainly, chocolate cakes are usually very delicious, moist, and it is fit for every occasion. Also, chocolate cakes are of different types depending on what you want it for.
What Is Chocolate Cake?
Chocolate cake is the type of cake made with chocolates or simply with a cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, fat and other ingredients. Chocolate cakes are one of the most delicious cake, especially if you love chocolate.
So, I remembered one of my former colleagues who love chocolate cakes when I was making this recipe. And I was just happy and also wishing she was around to share with me. When I got done with the chocolate cake, I decided to dress it with Nutella, her comment on YouTube when I posted it still makes me smile.
Here was her comment “The Nutella on it just finished the work.. It looks dark, sweet and very yummy.. Quick question.. Will white sugar have the same effect? It’s kinda a cheaper alternative here. Also, everything about the process is very natural and easy to adopt… Not some strict temperature rule for melting the butter or warming the milk.. Thank ya”
So today, I, am going to show you how to make chocolate cake without oven. Also, I did not use egg for this cake recipe. However, you can decide to add eggs if you like.
List Of Ingredients
- All purpose flour 1 cup
- Unsweetened cocoa powder 1 cup
- Melted butter 1/2 cup
- Warm milk 1 cup
- Light brown Sugar 1 cup
- Baking powder 3 tablespoon
- Warm water 1/2 cup
How To Make Chocolate Cake
First of all, start by sieving the all purpose flour. This will have get the flour and aerated which is perfect for this cake. After that, sieve the sugar and baking powder to ensure there are no lumps in them. In addition, you want to sieve the cocoa powder too in other to get it aerated and rid of lumps. See how to make apple cake too
- Mix all the dry ingredients i.e. the flour, sugar, cocoa powder and the baking powder together in a clean dry bowl
- after that, add the, melted butter and warm milk and whisk them very well
- Then gradually dose in the warm water, while you mix it till the batter is smooth with no lumps and a bit runny.
- Get a microwave safe bowl, pad it with a grease proof paper, then gradually Pour the chocolate cake batter into the bowl
- microwave it on the maximum for 10 to 15 minutes
- bring out the cake, use a tooth pick to poke at the cake at different spots. If the tooth pick came out dry, then the cake is cooked. Put back the cake into microwave for another 45 minutes if the tooth pick came out wet
- After the cake is ready, place it on a cake stand if you have one and decorate it with a chocolate frost or a Nutella
- I melted a bottle of Nutella I got at home, drizzled it on the cake and it was absolutely yummy.
Video: How To Make Chocolate Cake
How To Make Chocolate Cake Frosting
Here is a simple recipe for this chocolate cake frosting. There is nothing dramatic, just a yummy chocolate frosting that complement this delicious cake. So, you just need a few ingredients to whip this up in a few minutes.
- Cocoa powder 3 tablespoon
- Powdered sugar 1 cup
- Milk 4 tablespoon
- Butter 3 tablespoon
- Lemon extract 1 tablespoon
- whisk the cocoa powder, powdered sugar and butter in a tall bowl. It is important you whisk them very properly with a balloon whisk to avoid it from getting lumps
- add the milk and lemon extract into the bowl, mix it for about 2 to 3 minutes with a hand held mixer
- now scoop it out for the cake decorating. The lemon extract in the frost adds extra flavour to it and that is absolutely amazing
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can you use drinking chocolate instead of cocoa powder?
You do not necessarily have to use a cocoa powder, you may want to use a drinking chocolate or chocolate bars instead. Certainly, the darker you want your chocolate cake, the more cocoa powder, or chocolate drink you want to add to it.
- Will white sugar have the same effect as brown sugar in
I believe the difference is not going to be significant in terms of colour. Because the major colour determining factor of chocolate cake is the amount of cocoa powder, or the chocolate bars you use in the recipe.
However, if you want use an unsweetened cocoa powder as was used in this recipe, then try adding more sugar. For example, some chocolates bars and chocolate drinks may be sweetened, so more sugar should compensate for the gap in sweetness.
If you like to cut your cake and stuffed it with frosting, you sure want to double your ingredients to get more frosting to work with. However, if you are a Nutella lover like me, all you need to do is to decorate your cake with the Nutella and you don’t have to worry about making a frosting.
Most importantly, you want to use warm milk and water because you do not want the butter to solidify as you are mixing the chocolate cake batter. Read also how to make how to make cake this will give you the tips you need to make all types of cake.