As the holiday season for 2020 is here again, chicken with coconut mill curry is perfect for the season. Chicken with coconut milk curry is a delicious sauce made with coconut milk, chicken, some spices and herbs.
Even more, this sauce of perfect serving a well cooked fluffy white rice for lunch or dinner. So, in the post, I will be explaining to you how to make the most delicious chicken with coconut milk curry at home.
- 500g Soft Chicken
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 3 pieces bay leave
- 1 teaspoon ground rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 200ml can coconut milk
- 100ml water
- Small bunch Coriander leaf
How To Make Chicken With Coconut Milk Curry
First of all, you want to marinate the chicken for 30 to 50 minutes . Because, the marinating let the chicken absorbs lot of flavours before cooking
- wash the chicken very well under a running tab, after that, drain out all the water in it, and place them in a bowl
- add some chili, rosemary, garlic, ginger and salt in the chicken
- mix them properly with your fingers or kitchen tongs
- after that, cover the chicken with a cling film or another plate.
- set it aside to marinate for 30 to 50 minutes
- Place a sauce pan on medium hot stove, let it heat up till no water is seen in it
- Put the vegetable oil into the sauce, then put the chopped onion, bay leave, minced garlic and ginger into the sauce pan
- Sauté it for about 3 to 5 minutes or until the onion has turned translucent i.e. if you are using a white onion. However, if you want to use a red onion, let the colour sauté till it turns slightly brown.
- Add the tomatoes, fry it for 5 to 7 minutes or till the sour taste of the tomato is no longer felt
- Add the chili powder, cumin, salt and curry powder and rosemary, stir it very well
- After that, Put the chicken into the sauce pan, stir it and cook for 15 to 20 minutes
- Pour the coconut milk into the sauce pan, put water also and stir it
- Cover the sauce pan and let it cook for 4 to 6 minutes
- Chop the coriander leave, sprinkle them into the sauce pan
- stir it and put off the heat and let it simmer for 2 to 3 minutes
- serve it with a hot fluffy white rice or bread
For an authentic flavour, make chicken with coconut milk curry with poultry seasoning such as rosemary, sage, black pepper and so. However, feel free to tweak the recipe to suit your taste. For example, you may want to add some lemon juice at the end of cooking. Because lemon juice do enhance the taste of the curry.
Some people are concerned about the fat content of coconut milk, as a result, they want a substitute for coconut milk. So, if you are such a person, there a number of items you can us to substitute for coconut milk. For example, you can go for a Greek yoghurt in place of coconut milk. Also, you may use heavy cream or a sour cream.
However, the taste might not be like that of coconut milk. But you will get as much creamier colour and texture. Read egg curry gravy