As the festive season is here again with a lot of dishes to make. And I will say that ground Turkey stuffed peppers is one of the most delicious turkey recipe you will like to taste. The most exciting thing about ground Turkey stuffed peppers is that it is very delicious, so quick and easy to make.
Secondly, you can have this dish as a side or main meal. generally, ground turkey is a versatile nutritious food that you can make into many dishes. For example, make a soup with ground turkey in it, ground turkey meatball. Also, you can make a ground turkey stir fry, serve it with rice for dinner.
So ground turkey stuffed peppers is a delicious dish made with some ground turkey as the main ingredient and bell peppers. Also, you can decide to make a chicken or beef stuffed peppers . Without wasting much of your time, let us jump into the ingredients needed for todays recipe.
- 200g ground turkey
- 3 large size bell pepper
- 100g shredded cheese
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1 tablespoon paprika powder
- 3 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3g unsalted butter
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
How To Make Ground Turkey Stuffed Peppers
- First of all, wash the three pieces of bell peppers very well. You want to use any colour of the peppers you like. I personally, love red and yellow bell peppers because they are sweeter to me than the green colour
- After washing the peppers, cut off small portion like an inch from the bottom of the bell peppers (this will help create a balance for the peppers to be able to stand without falling
- Then turn the other side of the pepper, cut out about 2 to 3 inches from it , then use a spoon or knife to remove the seed and everything inside the peppers.
- After that, place the peppers in a baking dish
- sprinkle some salt and ground black pepper in them one after the other and set them aside
- slice the cut off part of the bell peppers into small pieces, set them aside because you will need them for the cooking of the ground turkey. (because you do not want to put the cut out portion of the pepper to a waste. So to put them into the turkey while cooking is a good way to utilize them. Even more, the sliced peppers will add a nice colour and flavour into the the dish)
- place a sauce pan or skillet on a medium hot stove
- put in the butter, after the butter has melted
- add the chopped onion and minced garlic into the sauce pan
- fry it for about 2 to 3 minutes or until the colour of the onions has turned a bit translucent. At this point, the garlic and onion has released lots of flavours into the butter which is going to flavour the turkey when you add it
- put the ground turkey into the pan, move it around and let it cook from about 5 to 7 minutes or till the colour have changed from pink to brown
- Now season it with salt, soy sauce, rosemary. Also, add the paprika, chili, ground black pepper, sliced bell peppers and stir cook it for another 3 to 5 minutes
- put the tomato sauce, stir and cook it till the turkey is well cooked with the other ingredients. At this point, the ground turkey pot is looking all delicious with the aroma all over the place
- add the cooked rice, stir it, for about 2 minutes. Certainly, the rice gives it a very nice texture, and serve as a filler to the ground turkey. Even more, you may use beans or corn in place of the rice. However, you can go ahead and make your ground turkey stuffed peppers with no rice or corn in it. It is entirely your choice to tweak the recipe to your taste
- after that, put some cheese into it, move it around the sauce pan until is melts and bind all the ground turkey, rice and other ingredients together.
- get it out of the stove. Next thing is to use a spoon to scoop the ground turkey bit by bit into the bell peppers that you have prepared already
- top the peppers with some cheese according to your taste
- After that, bake it for 15 to 20 minutes in a preheated oven at 250 degrees Celsius
Seasoning For Ground Turkey
There are many seasoning out there to use for ground turkey dish. However, use the following seasoning for best result.
- Black pepper
Because lemon juice add some extra flavour in ground turkey, you may consider to put some to it. Also, you may want to make use of other spice and herbs such as thyme, ginger, cumin and so on for extra flavour. in addition, use some white balsamic vinegar if you like some sour taste to your ground turkey dish.
Most importantly, this ground turkey recipe is a meal on it own, meaning that you can have it is alone as a meal. Even more, serve this ground turkey easy recipe for dinner, lunch or breakfast. How do you like your ground turkey stuffed peppers recipe?