Here is the best quick and easy turkey breast roast recipe to go with at any time. Certainly, turkey breast roast recipe is simple to make, it does not matter if you are making this turkey roast recipe for parties or just for the family. The taste is absolutely amazing, the turkey comes out, moist juicy and delicious.
So, this recipe is ideal for ay size of turkey breast. However, you may want to adjust your ingredients and cooking time to suit the size of your turkey breast. So, let us get started with the list of the ingredients we need.
- 1.5kg Turkey breast
- 1/2 teaspoon Thyme (ground)
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Rosemary powder
- 1 medium size Lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 50ml Melted butter
- 1 teaspoon Ginger powder
- wash the turkey breast very well under a running tap water
- place the turkey breast on a tray, dab it dry with paper towel or a kitchen roll. (you need to dry the turkey breast well so you can easily season it without the season falling off)
- Sprinkle some melted butter on it, use your fingers to work in the butter into the skin of the turkey breast
- Slide your finger right under the skin of the turkey to get in some of the melted butter into it
- Mix all the spices ( onion powder, garlic powder, ginger powder, rosemary, thyme, paprika, black pepper, oregano powder) and salt together
- sprinkle the mix spices on the turkey, also work some of the spices under the skin of the turkey breast and set it aside
How To Make The Skin Crisp And Colourful
First of all, turkey breast takes less time to cook than whole turkey roast and that does not always allow for a crisp turkey breast skin. For that reason, if you like to get the skin colour of the turkey breast golden brown and crisp then follow the step below.
- Place a none sick pan on a stove, heat it up for about 2 to 3 minutes on a medium heat
- Sprinkle 2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil or a vegetable oil in the pan
- Heat up the oil very well
- Gently place the seasoned turkey breast in the pan with the skin directly in contact with the pan
- Let it cook for about 4 to 5 minutes (at this point, the skin of the turkey breast has turned golden brown and crisp). However, if you do not really care about colour and presentation, then skip this step.
Roasting The Turkey
- Cut the lemon into slim circles
- After that, place an aluminum foil in the pan or tray for roasting the turkey, rub the foil with some butter or vegetable oil
- Place the sliced lemons on a single file inside the roasting pan
- Bring out the turkey from the frying pan and place it into a
- the roasting tray or pan right on top of the sliced lemon pieces. Also, place the turkey breast with the skin facing up. Certainly, while the turkey cooks on top of the lemon, the lemon infuses some citrus flavour into the turkey which makes it quite yummy
- Adjust the rack in the oven to ensure, the turkey breast will seat in at the center to cook.
- After that, Preheat the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit or 190 degree Celsius
- Put the turkey into the oven with the skin facing up, cook for 50 to 60 minutes. However, it is essential you monitor the internal temperature of the turkey breast with a meat thermometer. Insert the meat thermometer into the turkey breast at different spots to ensure that the internal temperature is at least 160 degrees Celsius
- After, that, bring out the turkey and let it rest for 20 to 30 minutes before serving
Turkey Breast Cooking Time
Certainly, turkey breast cooking time differs based on the size of the turkey breast. Also, the temperature at which the turkey breast cooks affects the cooking time. However, the most important thing to consider is the internal temperature of the cooked turkey breast.
You want to make sure that the internal temperature of the cooked turkey breast is at least 160 degrees Celsius. At this temperature, the turkey is cooked. So, determine the internal temperature by using a meat thermometer. Poke the meat thermometer into the turkey at various points per time, read the temperature. As soon as the internal temperature reads 160 degree Celsius, the turkey breast is ready.
In conclusion, turkey breast roast recipe is very simple and easy to make because, you get a juiciest turkey breast after cooking. Because the white meat part of turkey cooks faster than the other part, when a whole turkey is roasted, this sometimes result to a dry turkey breast.
Finally, once the turkey breast is cooked, allow it rest for 20 to 30 minutes to let all the juice and spices in the turkey redistribute all over it. At that point, you are left with a very juicy, moist delicious turkey breast