A lot of people have trouble with sweetened condensed milk recipe, especially when you want to make a simple a simple ice cream with 2 ingredients. If you are one os such person, then there is no need to worry anymore.
Because in this post, I am going to show you the best and easiest sweetened condensed milk recipe that will come come out as the store bought type of condensed milk.
In addition, you have the flexibility to make your own condensed milk even better in terms of thickness and sweetness. So, without wasting much of of your time lets started with the ingredients
List Of Ingredients
- 3 1/2 cups of Fresh full cream liquid milk
- 1 cup of sugar
How To Make Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Place a sauce pan on a low heat stove
- pour the milk inside the sauce pan
- put the sugar inside it as well
- use spatula to move the milk around till the sugar is well dissolved in the milk
- let is simmer for about 35 to 40 minutes as the level of the milk begins to reduce
- stir it at every 3 to 5 minutes interval as you monitor the progress of the condensed milk forming
- around 30 to 35 minutes, there might be some foam like substances forming on the surface of the milk as it simmer, gently scoop them all out of the milk with a spoon
- Before that you will notice the colour change from white to cream, continue to simmer till you get the desired consistency you want
- Put off the condensed milk from the heat, let it cool down, then turn it into a glass jar or any container you wish to store it with
What To Do With Sweetened Condensed milk
Use sweetened condensed milk as a desert dressing aside using it to make ice creams. Also, drink it like that if you like, it taste really nice. Even more, you can use it to make snacks like this yummy Nigerian buns here
Video: Sweetened Condensed Milk Recipe
Certainly, add more sugar if you like your condensed milk to be really sweet. For the reason, I like to concentrate mine own condensed milk very well, I use less sugar. Foe example, by the time I am done with the whole process, the out come is usually about 25% to 30% left. That means, I lost about 70% to 75% of liquid during the process.
However, that is my own personal presence, if your yield gets to half of the quantity of milk you started with, you have achieved a good result. In that case, you may want to increase the amount of sugar to achieve a very sweet condensed milk.
Even more, this sweetened condensed milk recipe is every baker concern, also, anybody who love to make their food especially ice cream needs this recipe. So people may ask, why must I use sweetened condensed milk for my ice when I can go ahead and make use of regular sugar,
And my answer would be that this condensed milk serves as a liquid sugar which is very important for ice creams to be able to form and freeze very well.