How to make the best fried pickles in a few minutes at home, so this famous fried pickles recipe is one of the best appetizer to have before the main dish. Certainly, many people enjoy this delicious fried pickles and never knew they can make it at the comfort of their homes
For that reason, you will see below the step by step method to on how to make your favorite fried pickles at home. To make this appetizer, below are the list of the ingredients you need
List Of Ingredients
- Vegetable oil ————— 500ml
- Large pickles ————– 2 pieces
- All purpose flour ——– 1 cup
- Iodized salt ————— – 1/4 teaspoon
- Paprika powder ———— 1/2 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder — 1/4 teaspoon
- Buttermilk—————– 1/2 cup
- Large egg———————— 1 piece
- Ground cayenne pepper — 1/4 teaspoon
- Garlic powder ——————— 1/4 teaspoon
How To Make Fried Pickles
- First of all, slice the pickles into a round shape
- Use a paper towel or kitchen role to dab them dry.
- make sure all excess water contained in it is removed
- After that, put the dab pickles in a clean plate and set it aside
Prepare The Breading Mixture For Coating
- Put the flour in a clean dry bowl
- Add paprika powder, cayenne pepper, salt, garlic powder and ground black pepper into it
- Mix everything together till all the ingredient blend well
- After that, set the mixture aside
- Get another clean bowl, pour the butter milk in it
- Crack the egg open and also pour it into the butter milk
- After that, use a whisk or a fork to whisk it till everything combines very well together, set it aside
- place a medium size sauce pan on a stove
- Ensure there is no water trace in the sauce pan by letting it seat on the stove for a few seconds or till all water trace in the pan has dried off
- After that, put the vegetable into the pan and let it heat up for about 3 to 6 minutes
- Test the oil to know when it is hot enough to start frying by dipping a wooden spatula into the oil, once you can see some tinny bubbles surrounding the wooden spatula, the oil is ready. ( if you do not have a wooden spatula, make use of a wooden toothpick )
- At this time, pick the pickles one at a time, dip and cover them in breading mixture. Shake it to dust out excess breading on it
- Now dip it into the buttermilk and egg mixture. After that, remove it and and coat it again in the breading mixture.
- so, after coating, set it aside and repeat the steps with the rest of the pickle
- After that drop the pickles into the hot oil, a few pieces at a time
- fry it for 2 to 3 minutes on both sides or till the pickles turns golden brown
- What this mean is that once the pickles are fried for about two minutes
- turn them to the other side and keep frying till about another 1 to 2 minutes
- Take the fried pickles out of the oil with a strainer
- put them on a tray padded with a kitchen role. The kitchen role will help to drain excess oil in the fried pickles
- Repeat the process till all the pickles are fried.
- Now enjoy your favorite fried pickle with any dip of your choice.
In conclusion, You may use fork to do the coating of the pickles if you do not like the breading to stick on your fingers. Also you can make a delicious fried pickles sauce like this one here as another option.
Most Importantly, remember not to over crowd the frying pan in other not to reduce the temperature of the oil drastically. In addition, after each batch, make sure that the oil is hot enough before frying another.
For the reason that the pickles might soak lots of oil if the oil temperature is low, you want to ensure that the frying oil is hot enough. Also, when the oil is too hot, it might get the pickles burned on the outside before they are ready. Therefore, keep your temperature around 360 degrees centigrade.
If you do not like to spend the time cutting your pickles yourself, you may buy already cut pickles. That way, you will cut down on preparation time.
Finally, fried pickles recipe is just as simple as this crisp fried chicken recipe. Fried pickles recipe takes a few minutes to make.