Make the most simple and easy soft chin chin recipe with video guide. If you have been looking for how to make a soft chin chin without success. Here are tips to get going.
Certainly, you cannot go wrong with chin chin on the table at anytime. For example, if you are my type of person that like to snack on chin chin. Doesn’t matter if it is shortly after meal, movie time or relaxing time. You will agree with me that a small jar of chin chin by the side is a need not a want.
Most importantly, this chin chin is well enjoyed when it is soft and literally crumbles in the mouth. For the reason that you do not want tp hurt your teeth because of hard and tough snacks. Therefore, soft chin chin is always a better and recommended type pf snack you can count on any day.
First of all, we will start with the ingredients you need for this recipe.
Soft Chin Chin Ingredients
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 large size eggs
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (optional)
- 1/2 cup fresh milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
How To Make Soft Chin Chin
- Mix all the powdered ingredients in a bowl together till they are all mixed very well. I.e. mix the all purpose flour, corn flour, salt, cinnamon and sugar
- Break and add the eggs in the mixture and mix well
- After that, put the fresh milk and mix everything together until a dough is formed
- If the dough gets sticky, add some more flour
- once the dough is formed, sprinkle some flour on a clean work surface
- put the dough on it and level it till it is flat with a rolling pin
- use a knife or pizza cutter to cut the dough into the sizes and shape you want
- After that, put about 1 litter of vegetable oil into a frying pan
- heat it till the oil becomes very hot that when you put a wooden spatula or tooth pick to it, it will show tinny bubbles around the spatula
- put the cut dough into the hot oil a batch at a time and fry it till the dough turns slightly golden brown
- Repeat the step till you have fried all the dough
If you want the chin chin to be very very soft, double the number of eggs because the secret to a soft chin chin is the egg. In addition, use any milk you have available to make it, it must not be a fresh milk.
For example, if what you have is powdered milk, what you want to do is to mix the milk with the flour before adding liquid to it. Even more, you may go ahead to make the chin chin without any milk in it, just make do with what you have and what you prefer.
Also, skip the corn flour if you want, the corn flour in this recipe only assist the chin chin to bind firmly together. However, it is not essential as the all purpose flour maybe able to do the work without help.
Furthermore, you may want to add more flavour in the chin chin to suit your taste bud. In that case, you will never go wrong with vanilla flavour or milk flavour. In addition, you may swap cinnamon with nutmeg. Feel free to spice it with whatever ingredients you like. For instance, you can add pepper, ginger and so on as in this spicy chin chin recipe
Finally, you may add some butter to assist the chin chin to get even more soft. Remember to move the chin chin around at interval while it is frying to enable it it cook very well on all side.
Watch this easy soft chin chin recipe video below and you may check for more recipes on my you tube channel, please subscribe if you like my videos