How to make crispy skin baked chicken drumsticks in the oven at home is very simple, easy and quick to achieve. Even more, to bake chicken in the oven is generally one of the healthiest way to make chicken.
Certainly, there is no heavy loads of oil in this chicken recipe, no flavours or preservatives making it perfect for a healthy meal. So, long ago, I love to eat well prepared crispy skin chicken drumstick. The type of crisp that does not necessarily have to be achieved with coated flour as in Ken turkey type of fried chicken.
For example, the type of chicken that is well deep fried with all the nice flavour and aroma from it satisfying my tastes buds and all. But then, I was scared of having my system loaded with lots of oil because I understand what free radicals from fried food can do to the body.
However, I discovered that I can bake my chicken drumsticks in a very simple and easy quick steps and still achieve that awesome taste as I liked in fried chicken. And |, am here to share with people who might be wondering how that can be achieve, so lets get started.
List Of Ingredients
- 800g Chicken drumsticks
- 1 tablespoon hot paprika powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of dry thyme
- 1 tablespoon ginger powder
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cube bullion seasoning
- 3 pieces of bay leave
- 1 tiny piece of ginger
- 1 tables spoon of vegetable oil
- salt to taste
Certainly you may add more ingredients in this recipe just to suit your taste. For instance, you can add onion powder, garlic powder, oregano powder, rosemerry or any other type of spices and herbs you like.
In addition, I recommend that you feel free to use the ground form of thyme, bay leave and any other type of spices and herbs you like to make this chicken drumstick with. This is because, when they are in powdered form, they easily get in contact with the chicken. Also, that makes the spices and herbs to release lots of flavours to the chicken for your eating pleasure.
Use butter or margarine in place of vegetable oil if you wish to. I believe there is no wrong or right condiments to use for this recipe. So feel free to swap in and out of the ingredients I used here. Also read chicken popcorn recipe
Crispy Skin Baked Chicken Drumsticks Cooking Procedure
- Mix all the ginger powder, paprika powder, salt and bouillon seasoning in a plate and set it aside
- Clean and wash the chicken very well
- use kitchen role or towel to dab or pet dry all the water on the chicken (when the raw chicken is dry, it easily take on more spices required to make it taste good.)
- Pour the mixed seasoning in a plastic bag or a zip-lock bag (in the absence of these, you may use a container with cover as improvise.)
- Put the chicken inside the bag and shake it vigorously for 2 to 3 minutes or till the whole of the chicken has been evenly coated with the seasoning like this image below
- Grease the baking tray with vegetable oil
- Place the seasoned chicken on it in a single layer, add the bay leave in between the chicken
- Cut the garlic and ginger into smaller chunks, place them too in between the chicken
- Sprinkle the thyme on the chicken
- Bake for 1 hour at 200 degrees Celsius
Below is the video demonstration of this baked chicken recipe, please feel free to watch for your viewing pleasure. Most importantly, I post nice cooking and eating videos on my you tube channel, kindly visit watch and subscribe.