How to make fluffy pancake souffle is a question people ask frequently. And today in this post, I am going to show you the easiest way to make the best yummy and fluffy pancake soufflé.
Worthy of note, this fluffy souffle pancake or fluffy soufflé pancake is also called Japanese pancake. However, whichever name you choose to call it, just know that this pancake recipe is simple and easy to make
Certainly, the most interesting part is in the eating as it gives a bouncy texture when eating and melt in your mouth with ease.
As someone who loves pancakes and it’s my go-to dish. I can even decide to threw little chocolate chips into this recipe and they will still come out very nice.
However, I had problem with the barter thickness as I would rather do not want anything come in the way of the fluffy nature of my pancake soulffle. So, I recommend a little drizzles of chocolate syrup or chocolate sauce on the pancakes for a that deep chocolate flavour.
I will say the feeling of this is amazing as a chocolate lover. Also, you may add butter, maple syrup on the pancake or simply have it plain. In addition, enjoy this pancakes with a hot chocolate in a a cold morning for breakfast. Above all, you can eat this pancake as a snacks, or use as a lunch or even dinner.
List Of Ingredients
- 2 eggs
- 3 spoons of flour
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of liquid fresh milk
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- A pinch of zest of any citrus
- 1/2 teaspoon of cooking spray oil
How To Make Fluffy Pancake Souffle
First of all, start with separating the eggs
- In a medium size bowl, break the two eggs into the bowl
- Use a table spoon to take out the yoke carefully in such a way that the egg white will not be in or around it
- Place the egg yoke in another bowl
- Repeat the steps for the second egg
- After that, add zest of citrus and salt into the yoke, and mix them very
- Put baking powder, half spoon of sugar and the flour into the egg yoke
- Mix them very well and set it aside
- Add the remaining sugar in the egg white, and whip it with a hand mixer or a fork till it is fluffy
- After that, add the mixture of egg yoke, flour sugar and other ingredients into the beaten egg white
- Gradually and carefully mix them together. Ensure not to deflate the air in the beaten egg white. Because when you remove the air, the pancake might not be fluffy after cooking
- Place a pan on a medium heat
- spray some cooking oil on the pan to avoid the pancake from getting burned
- scoop in the pancake batter in hips into the pan in 3 or two portions like this image below
- Cover the pan and cook for 4 to 6 minutes
- After that, flip the pancakes to the other side and cook the part facing up before for 3 to 5 minutes
- At this time, the pancakes are ready to be enjoyed
Video | Fluffy Pancake Souffle Recipe
These are some of the tips you need to make a great fluffy pancake souffle that bounces and test great. First of all, you do not want to over beat the egg white. For the reason that, if you over beat the egg white, the air in it will start escaping. As a result, this will make the fluffy egg white to deflate and become watery.
Secondly, when you add the the egg white which you have beaten into the flour and egg yolk batter. You want to gently fold the batter into the egg white for a short time. Certainly, this procedure will help retain lots air into the batter for a fluffier pancake souffle.
In addition, people ask if they can skip the baking powder in this pancake souffle and my answer is yes. Because, the beaten egg white will help keep the pancake fluffy. However, baking powder sure help to keep it firm.