How to make fluffy Japanese pancake is a question people ask frequently. And today in this post, I am going to show you the easiest way to make the best yummy and fluffy pancakes.
Worthy of note, this fluffy Japanese pancake is also called souffle pancake or fluffy souffle pancake. However, whichever name you choose to call it, just know that this pancake recipe is simple and easy to follow.
Certainly, the most interesting part is in the eating as it gives a bouncy texture when eating and melt in your mouth with ease. Similar, enjoy this pancakes with a hot chocolate in a a cold morning for breakfast.
Above all, eat this pancake as a snacks, or use as a lunch or even dinner.
List Of Ingredients
- 2 eggs
- 3 spoons of flour
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of liquid fresh milk
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- A pinch of zest of any citrus
- 1/2 teaspoon of cooking spray oil
How To Make Fluffy Japanese Pancakes
First of all, start with separating the eggs
- In a medium size bowl, break the two eggs into the bowl
- Use a table spoon to take out the yoke carefully in such a way that the egg white will not be in or around it
- Place the egg yoke in another bowl
- Repeat the steps for the second egg
- After that, add zest of citrus and salt into the yoke, and mix them very
- Put baking powder, half spoon of sugar and the flour into the egg yoke
- Mix them very well and set it aside
- Add the remaining sugar in the egg white, and whip it with a hand mixer or a fork till it is fluffy
- After that, add the mixture of egg yoke, flour sugar and other ingredients into the beaten egg white
- Gradually and carefully mix them together. Ensure not to deflate the air in the beaten egg white. Because when you remove the air, the pancake might not be fluffy after cooking
- Place a pan on a medium heat
- spray some cooking oil on the pan to avoid the pancake from getting burned
- scoop in the pancake batter in hips into the pan in 3 or two portions like this image below
- Cover the pan and cook for 4 to 6 minutes
- After that, flip the pancakes to the other side and cook the part facing up before for 3 to 5 minutes
- At this time, the pancakes are ready to be enjoyed