Popcorn chicken without buttermilk is a very yummy, crispy and one bite type of chicken recipe made with a coated seasoned flour on it. Also, the coating of a seasoned flour creates a very crisp and crust outer layer on the chicken while letting the inside to be juicy and yummy all at the same time.
So, today I am going to walk you through to how to achieve the most simplest and yet easy homemade popcorn chicken without buttermilk and eggs. The most interesting part about this recipe is that it came out very tasty, crispy and they can fit into your mouth all at one time.
Even more, popcorn chicken take a very short time to cook, come to think of it, you will understand that it actually does not require long time. Because the chicken to be used is tender, and it is cut in a very tiny pieces. Certainly, it will cook faster.
Furthermore, use this popcorn chicken for dinner, breakfast, lunch or even as snack. with a blend of ketchup and mayonnaise or a cajun seafood boil sauce as a dip. So, this combination will take this chicken to even a higher level of deliciousness. At this point, let us jump into the main recipe and procedure.
First of all, to make this popcorn chicken without buttermilk and egg, you will need to marinate the chicken. And you may feel free to marinate and leave the chicken in the fridge the previous day. Finally, you have only a few minutes frying to do on the cooking day.
List Of Ingredients
- Chicken (boneless) — 200g
- Paprika — 1 teaspoon
- soy sauce — 2 teaspoon
- Ginger powder — 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt — 1/4 teaspoon
Add more spices as you like for this recipe. For example, you can add some chili to it if you like it to be spicy. Even more, add other spices such as garlic, thyme, onion and so on. Also, you may decide to put a little bit of chicken flavoured bouillon cube to season it even more. Most importantly, use boneless chicken, I like to use the flesh on chicken thigh for this recipe. However, use chicken breast if that is what you like, I just will not recommend chicken fillet.
How To Make Popcorn Chicken Without Buttermilk
- Cut the chicken into smaller pieces about the size of your toe or a little bit less
- Wash the chicken and set them in a bowl
- After that, add salt, paprika, ginger and the soy sauce
- Mix them all together very well, cover the chicken with a cling film, place it in the fridge for 3 to 4 hours to marinate
- For coating mix the flour, paprika, ginger and salt together in another bowl
- Coat the chicken with the seasoned flour mix by dipping them one at a time in the flour mix. Continue to turn the chicken in the mix until it is covered with flour like this
- Before that, pour some reasonable amount of vegetable oil like 1 litter into a frying pan or a dip fryer
- Heat it up till the oil is hot enough. you can test the oil by dipping a wooden toothpick or spatula into the oil. If tiny bubbles are formed around the base of the wooden spatula, then the oil is ready
- drop the coated chicken into the hot oil carefully to avoid oil spills
- Fry them for about 7 minutes or till the inside of the chicken is well cooked and the outside of the chicken is crisp
- After that, Get them out of the oil and allow it cool before serving
What will you serve your chicken popcorn with? Please watch the video demonstration of how this popcorn chicken without buttermilk and eggs was made below.