Egg curry gravy or egg sauce is a delicious stew made with eggs, onions, fresh tomatoes, ginger and other ingredients. This sauce is a popular Indian street food that is enjoyed globally.
Even more, use this sauce to enjoy boiled white rice, ripped or unripe plantain. Also, use it to eat a well cooked soft white yam.
Furthermore, I never knew that a gravy can test so good till when I made this egg curry gravy also known Egg sauce or egg masala at home.
Certainly, this sauce is quite simple and easy to make, also very delicious and look so attractive making it appetizing.
This preparation is enough to serve 3 adults, and the preparation time is between 30 to 45 minutes.
List Of Ingredients
- Fresh tomatoes 3 medium size pieces
- Onion medium size
- Eggs 6 medium size
- Ginger a little piece
- Garlic 3 cloves
- Seasoning cubes
- Black pepper
- Curry powder
- Red bell pepper
- Salt to taste
- Green peas
- Scotch bonnet pepper
Egg Curry gravy or Egg Sauce Cooking Procedure
First of all, boil 3 of the 6 eggs separately, Similarly, and pour the remaining 3 eggs into the tomatoes. So, below is the preparation methods
Prepare The Ingredients
Firstly, slice the red bell pepper into tiny cubes. After that, peel of the skin of the onions, ginger, garlic and dice them into tiny pieces. most importantly ginger is very healthy for the body aside the aroma and flavour it gives to food.
Also, wash and slice the fresh tomatoes, blend the scotch bonnet pepper or simply dice them. Furthermore, peel off the shell of the boil eggs, wash them and set everything aside.
- Put a sauce pan on a cooker, put on the cooker on a medium heat. Heat the pot for about a minute to dry out out any water present in it
- Drop about 3 table spoons of vegetable oil into the pot and heat it for about a minute
- After that, put ginger, garlic and onion into the sauce pan and stir it for a while
- Add sliced tomatoes and bay leave then cook for about 1 to 2 minutes
- Also, throw in the red bell pepper and green peas
- Put some ground pepper
- add curry powder, cumin, turmeric, seasoning cube, black pepper and salt
- Stir it, add some water and cook for about 2 minutes
- Break and pour the remaining 3 eggs into the pot, stir and cook for about 2 minutes
- Put the other 3 eggs that was previously boiled
- Stir and put off the heat
In conclusion, the egg curry gravy is ready to be enjoyed. Certainly, you can enjoy egg curry gravy with bread as bread toast and egg. Also, enjoy it as an egg sauce with yam, egg sauce and rice and so on.
Finally, here are the serving suggestions:
First of all, cut a bread into two equal halves or get two sliced of bread, spread some butter on one of the bread if you like butter. Secondly, put some egg sauce on the the bread, cover it it and enjoy with coke or any drink of choice.
Similarly, use the sandwich above or get two pieces of bread, put butter and this sauce in between it and toast for about a minute with a toaster.
Rice, Yam, plantain
Finally, enjoy boiled white rice, white yam, potatoes, plantain with this sauce on the side. similarly, curry stew can be used to eat french fries, fried yam and plantain.
How do you like to enjoy your egg sauce? Finally, I made a step by step cooking procedure of this egg curry gravy on YouTube, watch it here