If you are looking to make a stew but worried about fried food. Here is a good way to make a beef stew without frying it.
Most importantly, this recipe of beef stew without frying is very simple and easy. Cooking time is short snd taste is great.
Futhermore, make beef stew without frying with chicken, fish or anything you like. Above all, use spices and seasoning of your choice. For examples, select from the range of these Nigeria unique spices
However, in this beef stew without frying recipe, below are the ingredients I used yo make it
List Of Ingredients
- Boneless beef 1kg
- Chopped can tomatoes 400g 2 cans
- fresh vine tomatoes
- Onion 2 (one to cook the meat and the other one for stew)
- Garlic to taste
- Ginger to taste
- Seasoning cubes 4
- Basil flakes
- Sage flakes
- Scotch bonnet pepper
- Curry powder
- Vegetable oil
How To Cook Beef Stew Without Frying
First of all, slice the onions, peel of the skin of garlic and ginger and dice them into tiny pieces. Open the can of the chopped tomatoes and set them aside.
However, it is important to chop or blend the fresh tomatoes just to suit your tastes. Cook the beef, I will state how I cooked mine but before then.
Even more, put paprika powder to ehance the taste and colour of the the stew. In addition, add a little bit of tomato paste to the fresh or can chopped tomato that you want to use for this stew.
How To Cook The Beef
- Cut the beef into disired sizes
- Wash it thoroughly with a clean water
- Pour it into a medium size sauce pan, put on a cooker and place the pan on it
- Put diced garlic and ginger
- Add 2 cubes of seasoning
- Sprinkle some salt in it
- Put some thyme and sage flakes
- Cover the sauce pan and cook for about 20 minutes
- Pour some water into the meat and cooke for about 15 to 20 minutes or cook till the beef is soft and tender
- After that, place the beef aside because it will be added to the stew later
Beef Stew Cooking Procedure
- Put all the chopped tomatoes into a sauce pan
- Wash and pot the vine tomatoes and put it the pan also
- After that, wash the scotch bonnet pepper and drop them into the sauce pan, cover it with the lid, put on the cooker and start cooking
- Cook for about 10 to 15 minutes or till the water in it is almost drying from the tomato
- Pour some vegetable oil into the sauce pan like the image below
- Add sliced onions, diced ginger and garlic, cover the sauce pan and cook for about 8 to 12 minutes
- Pour the already cooked beef with the stock in it
- Add some curry powder, thyme, seasoning cubes, basil and sage flakes
- Turn the stew and cook for about 10 minutes. By this time, the stew is ready.
- Put off the heat and serve warm
Beef Stew Serving Suggestions
Finally, Serve beef stew with white rice, spaghetti, yam, noodles, agidi/eko and so on.
In conclusion, rea how to make curry powder at home here