Nigeria oven grilled chicken recipe is a tasty and healthier option of cooking chicken. You can do without out those heavy oil loaded fried chicken, just grill it.
Oven grilled chicken recipe calls for a tasty nutritious meal that is quite easy and simple to make. Other people may choose to call this method an oven baked chicken.
However, the most important thing to note is that this is simply a method use to cook chicken by using oven.
Even more, enjoy grilled chicken loaded on a salad, or with a corn. Certainly, a Nigerian will like to put it on a hot jollof rice like this one here.
However, whichever way you chose to eat this awesome meal, just know that it will for the most part leave you asking for more.
Similarly, if you are looking for the best way to grill your favourite chicken without ending up with a half cooked chicken on the inside. And an outrageously burned chicken on the outer surface then stick around.
For the reason that I am going to walk you through to the simplest and easy method to grill chicken just right at the comfort of your kitchen.
Nigeria Oven Grilled Chicken Recipe
first of all, you need the following ingredients to achieve this.
List of ingredients
- A whole chicken
- Fresh garlic
- Fresh ginger
- Basil leaf
- Lemon juice
- Black pepper
- Barbecue sauce
- Ground bay leaf
- Vegetable oil
Certainly, you want to prepare the chicken first and foremost before the actual grilling. Similarly, the taste and the finale outcome of the chicken depends on this stage.
Therefore, you will like to pay more attention here to gain the control of what you want the grilled chicken to look like after grilling.
So, let us start here. First of all marinate the chicken
- Wash and clean the chicken
- After that, use a sharp knife to poke the chicken or make a deep incision all over the chicken. Because, it will absorb the flavour of the spices through those openings
- Grind the garlic, ginger, bay leaf, black pepper, basil, rosemary and onion with some water
- On a separate bowl, mix the lemon juice, with the mixture of the blended spices above
- Put the seasoning cubes, little salt and mix it also
- Pour some paprika powder (this is essential, to help give the chicken a nice taste and colour as well)
- After that, put the chicken in a big size zip lock bag, pour the mixture of the spices and lemon juice into it
- Shake it vigorously to ensure that the mixture of the spices are very much in contact with the chicken
After that, put it in the fridge for about 1 to 2 hours, if you like, you can keep it over night.
Certainly, you don’t want to skip the marinating stage. Because the taste of the chicken is hugely dependent on this stage.
Similarly, the chicken will absorbed as much spices as possible which will add flavour and aroma to it.
Furthermore, this stage let the chicken to absorb moisture that will help it cook well in the oven without getting burned fast by drying out. Also, it will let it cook properly all the way down to the the inside.
At this juncture, grease the grilling pan with some vegetable oil or butter. Most importantly, ensure that there is no old food stocked on the grilling pan.
For the reason that, if old food are stocked in there, it might lead to the chicken getting burned before it cooks.
Even more, the greasing of the grilling pan will help the chicken not to stick on the pan.
Finally, put on the oven to heat it up at 170 degree Celsius for about 40 minutes before putting the chicken inside it.
- Bring out the marinated chicken from the zip lock bag, place it inside a foil sprinkle some vegetable oil in it and wrap it up.
- Now put the chicken inside the already greased grilling pan and transfer it into the oven
- Grill it for 35 to 40 minutes. ( flip it over at interval if your oven cooks from one dimension). For instance, if the oven you are cooking with doesn’t emit heat from the upper and lower surface
- After that, bring it out the and rube or use rush to brush some barbecue sauce glaze on it, fold it back into the foil and place it back into the oven
- Grill for about 20 15 to 20 minutes
- At this point, the chicken is cooked and ready
- Bring it out from the oven and serve
You do not want to brush the sweet glaze sauce from the beginning before you start grilling. For the reason that the sauce will make the chicken too dark in colour which is not so appetising
However, you can go ahead and skip the use of barbecue sauce. Certainly, the paprika will give your chicken a very good colour
Finally, enjoy the grilled chicken with a juice or any drink of choice. Similarly, pair this yummy grilled chicken with a jollof rice or or as shown in the picture below.
All you need to do is boil the corn with the come. After that, bake some potatoes with herbs and spices.