Nigeria chicken shawarma recipe is a yummy easy to make wrap enjoyed by many. And, sharwama is widely found in the Middle East, in Nigeria and through out the globe.
Because this wrap is so delicious and a yummy food, one can easily get addicted to it.
Nigeria shawarma is tagged as an unhealthy food by some people but it all depends on he recipe. For the reason that you can make a change to the unhealthy recipes and get yourself something delicious and healthy.
Because some shawarma recipe sold in Nigeria contain loads of commercially made mayonnaise. These mayonnaise is low in nutrients and high in fat. Consequently, this is not very good for the health, especially when consume in a high proportion.
Most importantly, to make it a healthier food add lots of difference vegetables, proteins and a little dressing.
Certainly, not mayonnaise but the the alternative sauce stated above. Similarly, when you make your wraps yourself, you of the quality of it.
List of ingredients
- Boneless lean chicken
- Curry powder
- pepper ground
- Pita bread
Vegetables To Use
Because we need to be healthy, throw in some of the following vegetables into the wrap and enjoy the moreish wrap.
- Fresh tomato
- Bell pepper
Also, you can decide to add some sweet corn, boiled green pees, broccoli, fluted pumpkin leaf and so on
For sauce preparation
- Paprika powder
- Greek yogurt
- Olive oil
- Cinnamon powder
- Curry powder
Note: So, you can use chicken or beef to make this wrap. Even more, you can put asun, i.e spicy goat meat meat.
However, combine the chicken and beef in one wrap to get a combined taste if you like. The idea is to make it with the ingredients that you can relate more to.
Certainly, paprika is a great and a healthy spice that add colour and taste to food. In addition, put a little bit of paprika to the sauce you can get something slightly orange a bit of paprika flavour. Read about paprika here
- First of all, peel off the skin of the fresh ginger and garlic
- use a grinder or a blender to grind them with a little water into a paste
- Put some curry powder, garlic and ginger paste, and salt with small olive oil in the Shred the lean boneless chicken, massage it thoroughly so that the spices will get in the chicken.
Buy an already shredded boneless chicken or beef to make this wrap. However, you can shred them yourself by cutting them into smaller strands or pieces with your kitchen knife.
- After that, marinade the boneless chicken in the spice mix for about 1 hour
- Bake the chicken in an oven at a temperature of about 175 degrees Celsius for about 40 minutes
- Also, bake the sausages
- Add some Greek yogurt, a little olive oil in a clean bowl and mix them thoroughly
- Add a little bit of garlic, curry powder, cinnamon, salt and paprika mix them and set the cream aside
- Wash and Chop all the vegetables
Time to wrap the shawarma
- Spread some sauce on the pita bread
- Put some vegetable, sweet corn (if you want to use one), chopped tomatoes
- Add the baked boneless shredded chicken, sprinkle a little pepper on it to add some heat
- Sprinkle some olive oil on it, put some of the sauce and onion
- Mix properly with a folk.
- Place one or two sausages in it and wrap it up
- Place the wrapped shawarma back in the oven for about 5 minutes to add some crisp to the pita bread like this
Enjoy the yummy shawarma with any drink of choice.
In conclusion, make a french fries to pair with this wrap similar to the burger treat.