Nigerian vegetable spaghetti recipe is an easy and simple recipe use to add flavour and nutrients to spaghetti.
Furthermore, put some vegetables to spaghetti, especially, the ones that are made with none whole wheat flour.
The white spaghetti made with white flour are void of nutrients, as a result, put vegetables in it to impact nutrients as well as to aid good bowel movement.
For the reason that vegetables are good for the health, because of its loads of nutrients such as fibre, vitamin, minerals etc. Certainly, we need vegetables to balance up a meal of pasta for the purpose of good health.
However, spaghetti is a slim long pasta that originated from Italy. Also, it is a traditional and staple food for the people of Italy.
Similarly, this food is now widely eaten by Americans, Asians, Africans and the rest of the world.
Most importantly, cook spaghetti in a flavour of tomato and sauce among other flavours. This food is a delicious energy giving food that is also eaten as a side dish in Nigeria.
How To make Vegetable Spaghetti
Firstly, vegetable spaghetti recipe involves the use of vegetables to cook pasta. And, the vegetables to use depends on ones preferences.
List Of Ingredients
- Bay leaf
- One pack of Spagheti
- Curry powder
- Oregano flakes
- Basil flakes
- Parika powder
- Ginger powder
- Fresh pepper
- Seasoning cubes
- Fresh Tomatoes
- Tomato paste
- 1 can of Tius sardine
- Vegetable oil
Vegetables Used For Vegetable Spaghetti
- Sweet corn
- Green beans
- Green peas
- Diced Carrots
First of all, make the stew with the folowing steps
- Wash and blend the fresh tomatoes also the fresh pepper all together. However, you can use tomato powder and ignore the first step.
- Wash and cut the gizzard into small pieces. You can use chicken, beef, fish or any other form of animal protein you like
- Peel of the skin of the onion and slice it into a smaller pieces
- Now, place a clean pot on a cooker, turn on the cooker and heat dry the pot to get rid of any water in it
- Pour some vegetable oil in the pot and allow it to heat for about 5 minutes or until you can perceive the smell from the oil
- After that, pour the onions into the oil, stir fry it until the onions turns brown
- Pour the tomato paste in it, stir it and put the blended fresh tomato and fresh pepper
- Cook it until the oil starts to gather at the top of the tomato, taste it and check if the sour taste of the tomato is gone out of it. Most importantly, stir it at interval while frying the tomato to avoid it from getting burnt
- Put the gizzard now, add 2 or 3 pieces of bay leaves, thyme, salt to taste, seasoning cubes to taste. Also, add a little thyme
- Cook for about 15 minutes, the gizzard is tiny, so it will cook faster
Cook the spaghetti
- Put about 1 litre of water in and pot and get it to a boil
- Put some salt in it
- Break the raw spaghetti into 2 or three and throw it inside the water
- Stir it and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain out the water
- After that, pour in all the vegetables and mix everything together
- Put the paprika powder, basil flakes, oregano flakes, curry powder, thyme, ginger powder on the spaghetti
Importantly, it is imperative to cook the spaghetti at Al dente. For the reason that, spaghetti is enjoyed most when it is firm to the bite. Also, you do not want it to be all soggy or way too soft and sticky.
Therefore, make sure to let the water boil before putting the raw spaghetti. After that, cook is to be a bit under cooked, it is better that way than to be over cooked.
Even more, use other vegetables such as brussels sprouts, fluted pumpkin leaf, Bell pepper, parsley, spinach, for vegetable spaghetti recipe.
Because crayfish is not a spice in the real sense of it, but possesses some umami characteristics that made it a great improvise for spice. Therefore, feel free to add some of this nutritious taste booster to the food.
Use paprika power, to boost the colour and also impact taste when you prepare vegetable spaghetti.
- Most importantly, pour the already pepared stew on it
- Open the sardine can and pour it inside also
- Now, mix everything together
- Put the heat at the lowest, cover the pot and let it steam for about 3 minutes
- After that, plate the spaghetti any style you like and enjoy the yummy food with a chilled water or any drink of choice
How do you like to cook your spaghetti?