Golden sultana cake recipe is a recipe that give you the most moist cake that is so pleasant to eat. And, this recipe makes the best cake that is so delicious to eat that you will ask for more.
So, if you are looking for the sultana cake recipe that is soft, moreish and moist, then do stick around. Because i am going to walk you through to the easiest and simplest recipe for making cake in such a way that you have not seen before.
Even more, this sultana cake recipe is less sugary yet quite flavourful. In addition, this is a cake that will leave your kitchen and by extension the whole of your house with that sweet buttery delicious flavour that you don’t want to get rid of in a hurry
Furthermore, the succulent sultana adds to the sweetness and moisture of the cake. Certainly, this makes the cake great for tea or to be enjoyed with any drink of choice.
How To Make Golden Sultana Cake
To make this Golden sultana cake, the sultana which is also known as raisin is boiled or soaked to plump it up. First of all, this recipe is simple and does not require all those plenty mixing that involves the use of muscles.
List Of Ingredients
- Flour 250g
- Sultana 250
- Eggs 3 big ones
- Cinnamon 1g
- Sugar 100g
- Butter 200g
- Water 80ml
- a pinch of Baking powder
- Salt 1g
- Firstly, boil the sultana. To do that, wash it first to get rid of any dust and sand in it
- After that, put the sultana, butter, sugar and water into a pot
- Heat it for about 3 to 5 minutes to melt the butter, sugar and most importantly, to plump up the sultana
- Put it down from the cooker and allow it to cool down for about 30 to 40 minutes
- Preheat the oven at 150 degrees Celsius while the boiled mixture is cooling.
- Crack the eggs open, beat them nicely and pour it inside the boiled mixture and mix
- Mix the flour with, salt, baking powder and cinnamon
- Put the mixture of the flour, baking powder and cinnamon then mix it thoroughly, Make sure to mix each and every one of the ingredients well to form cake batter
- After that, grease the baking pan you want to use to bake the cake by rubbing some butter in it. Also, use the oven tray, or stoneware roaster for baking pasta as an improvise for baking pan (I used the stoneware roaster as I do bot have a baking pan).
- pour the cake batter into the stoneware roaster and place it into the preheated oven to bake
- Bake for about an hour and check it by sticking a knife at the middle of the cake. Certainly, if the knife comes out from the cake dried, then the cake is cooked. However, if the knife come out of the cake with some cake batter, then continue baking till it is cooked.
Finally, to make this fruit cake you can add cranberries, dates even banana to it for more flavour yummy taste and nutrients. Similarly, you can add zest of citrus for more flavour.
Most importantly, the zest of lemon is great for this recipe. In addiction, see how you can make this burger and pizza with simple recipe at home. Even more, if you like it the African delicacy way then see this ofe owerri or bitter leaf soup that schooled in the Abroad.
In conclusion, enjoy this golden sultana cake recipe with a chilled coke and thank me later lol. Also, eat it for breakfast with hot tea or chocolates. Lastly, for some reason, cold dealt with is cake before I cold cut it the next day, as a result, it has this frozen look here
How will you enjoy this cake? put your answer in the comment below.