How to make pizza at home in Nigeria is quite simple and as you read further, you will see how. Pizza is basically a dough garnished with vegetables or any ingredients of choice.
And this food originated from Italy where it serves as staple food. Even more, it is primarily made up of rounded flat wheat flour dough topped with tomato, cheese and so many other ingredients according to preference.
Similarly, people of Nigeria eat so many types of pizza. For instance, they eat chicken and beef pizza both in high and low brow areas.
My First Pizza Experience
So, sometimes around 2013, I had this strong need to try out pizza for the first time. However, I was somewhere around Dubai where there was less access to have my favourite food Ofe Owerri and fufu.
Certainly, Pizza happened to be the next best option for lunch that faithful day. People of God, that was how I got a taxi from my location to Al Ghurair Centre.
Firstly, on getting to one pizza hut in the mall, I requested for a mushroom pizza. My choice was simply because mushroom was the only word I could relate to in that menu.
However, I had the pizza and it wasn’t as nice as what I thought before going for it. So that was how pizza lost one fan until recently when I tried out one home made pizza recipe,
Secondly, in my opinion, this recipe is the best of them all. in other words, this is the best pizza recipe you have seen so far. Here is how to make Pizza in Nigeria recipe that will blow your mind.
How To Make Pizza At Home In Nigeria
To make any type of pizza, the basic ingredients are all the same. Most importantly, if you are wondering how to make pizza at home in Nigeria recipe. Here are the ingredients needed.
List Of Ingredients
Ingredients For The Base Dough
- Flour 250g
- Salt 5g
- Sugar 25g
- Instant yeast 5g
- Warm milk 50ml
- Vegetable oil 30ml
Ingredients For Topping
- Sweet corn
- Salami sausage
- Red bell pepper
- Pasta sauce
- Red bell pepper
So, there are two stages to make it. Firs of all, prepare the dough. And the second stage is to add the topping. After that, put it in the oven and cook.
- Pour flour, yeast, salt and sugar in a clean bowl and mix them thoroughly with bare hand or wooden spatula.
- After that, gradually put little amount of water and mix again until a dough is formed
- Knead the dough till smoothness and elastic, rub some vegetable oil on the surface and place in a covered container
- Allow it to proof for about 1 hour in a warm corner
- When the dough has risen after an hour Knead again until smooth, and divide into two balls
- Sprinkle a little flour on a clean surface and roll each ball with rolling pin into a round dough forming the shape of a big pizza or into any shape of your choice.
The Topping Stage
- Certainly, put on the oven to start heating at 250 degree Celsius first before topping.
- Cut the salami sausage into round slim pieces
- After that, spread some pasta tomato sauce on the surface of the dough
- Put the onions
- Sprinkle some sweet corn on the dough
- Place some rounded slices of the salami sausage roll on the dough till it covers the surface of the dough
- Spread some cheese on it
- Place it in the oven and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until the dough is crisp and slightly golden brown. After that, the pizza is ready to be served. Slice it with a pizza cutter or knife and serve with any drink of choice.
To conclude, use any type of tomato sauce as the tomato base for the dough in place of pasta sauce. In other words, use any type of tomato, or tomato sauce that you like if you don’t have a pasta sauce.
In addition, ordinary tomato paste or puree, or even stew is fine. However, I used this Homepride pasta sauce because I love the taste and it added loads of flavour to my cooking.