How to make custard with custard powder is quite simple and takes less than 10 minutes to achieve. Even more, add sugar or honey to custard and enjoy it alone or with other food.
First of all, Custard powder is simply made with some thickening agents. So, some of these thickening agents include cornstarch, gelatin, tapioca, rice or egg.
However, cornstarch is most often the biggest component of custard. For the reason that cornstarch does not have a strong taste, and quite good with thickening effect when in contact with hot water or any other liquid.
Furthermore, cornstarch dissolves easily in water and very smooth when transform into custard.
Most importantly, the powder is made with flavours such as vanilla, milk, strawberry and other types of flavours.
Also, use some colourings of yellow and light orange shed to make custard powder. Certainly, Bird custard is one of the most popular brands of custard powder around.
How To Make Custard With Custard Powder
So, to make custard with custard powder, follow the following steps. After that, the custard is formed, and it is light, a bit runny and somewhat starchy as it is hot. Secondly, when it gets cold, it appears like a pudding a yellow agidi
List Of Ingredients
- Custard powder
- Liquid milk (optional)
- Get some water to a boil in a kettle, while waiting for the water to boil
- Scoop two table spoons of custard powder into a plate
- Pour some liquid milk into the plate
- Mix it thoroughly until there is no traceable lumps in it
- After that, pour the boiled water into it gradually until the it thickens. Make sure to pour in the hot water in a circular motion. So, by doing it that way, the hot water will get in contact with all the raw custard. And when that happens, the hot water cooks the custard thereby making it thicken.
- Mix it with spoon until it is smooth and consistent
- In addition, add some sugar, put some drops of water into it to melt the sugar
- Mix it again until the sugar blends in the custard.
- Put some powdered milk on the surface of the custard if you like, after that pour some liquid milk inside the plate to dissolve the milk
- Finally, enjoy it with akara or moi moi. Also, use beans, fried plantain, bread or fried egg to enjoy custard
In conclusion, use water in place of milk to dissolve the it before making it. However, ensure that after mixing it, the custard is not too watery. Because if it is quite watery, when you pour hot water, it will be too runny.
But if for whatever reason, you put excess of water or milk it. Do not worry, just add more of the powder and mix it until it is no longer too watery
Finally, use a boiling hot water to make custard because if it is not boiling hot, it may not form
How do you like to make your custard?