If you are looking for the best recipe for a healthy pasta, please do stick around. Because I, am going to walk you through to how to make a healthy pasta at home with vegetables.
So, the food pasta originated from Italy. However, pasta is consumed by many all over the globe. And a, healthy pasta recipe with vegetables is a delicious food, also an easy meal to prepare.
For the reason that pasta can be made as a jollof, i.e to cook it white and mix it in a tomato sauce with other ingredients. Also, cook it white and enjoy it served with any type of sauce including a vegetable and egg sauce made it a staple food for many.
More so, cook pasta, mix it with a sauce and bake with with cheese. Even more, pasta is a go to food option for many people of difference works of life because it is easy to make. In addition, it takes less time and few ingredients to make this food.
My Pasta with vegetables Experience
First of all, I had a pasta made with salmon and parsley sometimes in 2017 for the first time and completely fell in love with it. Because I was only used to having my pasta as jollof most of the time,.
Furthermore, I used to have it in jollof form or with an egg or fish sauce. So, I was hesitant to try a pasta served with a pink fish and green vegetables. Even though it looks yummy, but it was not just looking like what I am used to.
As a result, I developed a cold feet trying to eat the plain oil dripping pasta garnished with fish and, vegetables with a ground basil sprinkled on it. After the food got served, I went ahead to enjoy itand even wanted more.
Most importantly, it was so delicious that I can only say that the taste of this food is in the the eating and not just in the looks. So, I didn’t get any taste of crayfish or anything like stock cubes taste in the food while eating.
However, got I the taste of a well fried garlic flavour with a top note of fresh parsley.
Time To Decide
Certainly, I made up my mind to make this pasta myself just like I always do. Furthermore, I, am able to pick up the ingredients used in making any food that I eat.
Consequently, It was so easy for me to pick out almost all the ingredients used in making the pasta I had.
Finally, I did try it at home and it came out just as nice with no crayfish and bouillons. So, I decided to share the recipe of this pasta, in case if you will like to try it out yourself.
How To Make Healthy Pasta At Home
So, to make this pasta with vegetables, Preparation of the ingredients is key. Therefore, we get the ingredients ready first before cooking.
List Of Ingredients
- Garlic 5 cloves
- Olive oil
- Spring onion
- Parmigiana cheese
Firstly, in this cooking procedure, we will have it in two stage. In the first stage, prepare the ingredients. And in the second stage is the actual cooking.
Prepare The Ingredients
- Wash and slice the spring onion
- Peel the ginger and garlic cloves and dice them into tiny pieces and set them aside
- Wash and slice the Salmon fish into smaller chunks
- Clean, wash, cut and steam the broccoli with a little bit of water and salt
- Get about 2 litters of water to a boil
- Add some salt and oil into it
- Throw in the raw pasta and cook for about ten minutes in a medium heat
- Stir the pasta occasionally while it cooks to avoid it sticking together.
- Take out some water from the boiling pasta for use later
- Drain the remaining water from the pasta and set aside.Chop the garlic, ginger and spring onion plus parsley
Importantly, for how to make healthy pasta at home, you can also use dill in place of parsley because it works well with salmon. Also, because of the strong flavour of dill, you may consider using a little quantity.
However, Parsley is an excellent herb for pasta, it is not pungent but just perfect for the food. Furthermore, the herbs I used here gave an awesome blend of flavour and taste in pasta. Even more, just try to have it as raw as possible in the food to gain all the aromatic goodness.
Also, you can combine dill and parsley to have a more complex blend of flavour and aroma if you like. But You don’t necessarily have to use both dill and parsley in making this pasta. Also, basil leaf, what Nigerians like to call curry leave works perfectly with this dish as well.
So, in case you are unable to find dill, or parsley, feel free to throw in some fresh basil leaves at the end of your cooking and enjoy your pasta.
Secondly, after preparing the ingredients of how to make healthy pasta at home, then it is time to start the actual cooking.
- Place a pot, wok or frying pan on a cooker and turn on the heat to medium
- Add some olive oil, let it heat up for about 2 to 3 minutes
- Put the diced garlic, ginger and salt
- Fry on a very low heat to let the flavour release into the oil
- Put the sliced Salmon one after the other
- Fry for about 5 minutes and flip them to the other side, let it keep frying until both sides are cooked
- Remove the salmon, place them into a clean bowl and set aside
- Add a little bit of olive oil into the pot
- Put the remaining diced garlic and ginger
- Fry for some minutes on a low heat Put the spring Onion, some ground pepper and stir
- Add a little bit of water from the pasta to stop the browning process
- Pour in the pasta and mix
- Add the fried salmon and parmigiana cheese and stir, put off the heat, add the chopped parsley stir and serve
Thirdly, serve with a Steamed broccoli on the side because we need to get as much nutrients from our food as possible. Broccoli is rich in multiples of vitamins, minerals, fibre and antioxidant.
Hence, it helps to promote digestion which is necessary for this pasta as pasta would ordinarily seat longer in the stomach. Finally, You can decide to serve it with a steamed spinach, fluted pumpkin or any green vegetable of choice.
How do you like to enjoy your pasta.