Efo riro recipe with spinach is one of the very tasty vegetable sauce originated from the Yoruba tribe of Nigeria.
Also, the soup is made with any type of green leafy vegetable. For insatnace, use spinach, fluted pumkin leaves, water leaf and ukazi to cook this soup.
Futhermore, use either fufu, yam, rice to eat efo riro. Even more, eat efo riro just with agidi (eko) , potato or alone.
First of all, this soup is very nutritious, good for free bowel movement and also delicious. Because of the assorted ingredients in the soup, it is a a well sort after soup
List of Ingredients
- Scotch bonnet pepper
- 10 large pieces Tomatoes
- 1 big size Onion
- Iru (ogiri)
- Seasoning cube
- Salt to taste
- Dried fish
- Cow head 200g
- Goat meat 1kg
- Ground Crayfish
- Palm oil 100ml
- Spinach 1kg
- Paprika 3 spoons
How To Cook Efo Riro With Spinach
Firstly, do the cooking of efo riro with spinach soup in two stages. And, in stage one, prepare the ingredients. After that, then do the real cooking.
Stage One : Prepare The Ingredients
- Wash all the pepper and tomato
- Blend them roughly together.
- Peel, wash and chop the onions
- Wash, cut the goat meat and cow head into desired size.
- Wash and squeeze out water of the spinach and set aside
- Put some seasoning, crayfish, salt, into the goat meat, the cow meat and cook them until they are very soft
Stage Two: Cooking Procedure
After preparing all the ingredients and set them aside, it is time to start the real cooking.
- Place a medium pot on a cooker to dry all the water in it
- Pour palm oil into the pot and put sliced onions
- Add the blended tomato and pepper mixture stir and cook it for like 5 minutes
- Add Ogiri Iru and cook for about 2 minutes
- Put in all the cooked meat
- Add crayfish, seasoning cubes, salt, dry fish, paprika
- Cook for about 10 minutes
- Add the spinach, reduce the heat and Stir for about 2 minutes
In conclusion, Paprika, is important for this dish because of the nice taste and colour it adds to the dish. With the nutritional benefits of paprika and all the tasty goodness it supplies to food, add a little bit of it to this soup.
Lastly, Crayfish is a key ingredients for soups or stews of this nature. Add some spoons of ground crayfish to boost the taste of the soup. Also, use crayfish to enhance the taste of the meat and fish used in making this soup.
So, use Spinach or any other green available leafy vegetable to make this.
How do you like your efo riro