How to make moi moi follows one procedure of grinding, mixing and cooking. However, each of the recipe varies slightly from the ingredients used. There is no limitation to what you can put to moi moi ranging from vegetables, fish, meat and so on. Summarily, moi moi is a meal made from beans. It is eaten alone or as a side to a dish.
So, in this article, i am going to walk you through to how to make moi moi with a little different. Therefor, stick around to grab how how you can add vegetables to your moi moi. In this write up, we use green peas and sweet corn to make this this one.
Because, this addition of vegetables is designed for the purpose of balancing essential nutrients needed for the body. In other words, there are some nutrients such as essential amino acids that our body cannot make. As a result, we have to rely on food to get those nutrients.
Furthermore, some of such food with all the nine essential amino acids include fish, meat, eggs, cheese and so on. Also, it is worthy of note that amino acids are organic compounds that form proteins. However, it has been recorded that only soybean and quinoa is known to possess the complete nine essential amino acid from plants.
As a result, pairing foods from plant origin to compensate for the lacking nutrients in the other is imperative. So, this write up will walk us through on how to cook moi moi and corn to gain its nutritional benefits.
How To Make Moi Moi
Because, we all may know that moi moi is a Nigerian delicacy made from beans. And the process include mixing a ground peeled beans with ingredients and steaming it till solid and cooked. But, how to make moi moi moi with vegetables will show us how to drop some corn and green peas into a ground beans to form the food in subject. Beans a cheep source of protein is perfect for pairing with grains such as corn
List Of Ingredients
Because there is no strict rule to what ingredients you can use for this food. So You can use tomato paste, palm oil, beef or chicken, just whatever you like for garnishing. Also, grinding the corn with beans is fine too but for this very cook up, here are the ingredients I used
- 2 cups or about 320g of beans
- 2 hand full or 100g of baby corn
- 50ml of Vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoon of ground Crayfish
- Salt to taste
- 3 bouillon cubes
- 1 big Onion
- 1 tablespoon of ground chilli pepper
- 3 tablespoon of paprika
- 1 big red bell pepper
- 4 big Fresh tomato
- 4 eggs
- 50g of green peas
- One whole mackerel fish
I used an already dehull beans from the store for this preparation. But if you are unable to find an already dehull beans, you can use the regular type. And all you need to do is to soak it with water, remove the chaff and wash it before blending. So the paprika and red bell pepper i used is for adding taste taste and colour to it.
You can use only fresh red bell pepper if you like, remember, there is no strict rule here. More so, you can add a little bit of garlic and ginger to the recipe for taste.
Also, I used microwave grade plastic plates to hold the moi moi, but you can use foil of leafs to wrap yours. Because you do not want the plastic to stick on the bottom of the pot in an unfortunate situation where the water dries out. Place some pieces of sticks, leafs of clothes on the bottom of the pot before adding water. I used absorbent clothes for my own cooking.
- Peel and cut onion into smaller sizes
- Wash and cut the tomatoes into smaller size
- Put all the onion, paprika, chilli, beans and water into blender and blend to smoothness.
- Turn the mixture into a clean medium size bowl
- Add vegetable oil
- put salt, bouillon cubes, crayfish, vegetable oil and in the mix
- Mix thoroughly and check for taste, add more ingredients if you need to
- Scoop the mixture into small plates up to half or a bit higher than half of the plate (this help to allow a chance for the mixture to rise why cooking)
- Drop in the fish, egg, corn and green peas in the plates
- Cover the plates and place
- Put some amount of water, a little above the level of the bottom of the pot.
- Put some clean clothe on the bottom of the pot, or banana leaf, I used absorbent cloth for this one
- get the water to a boil
- Place the plates into the boiling water
- Cook for about 45 minutes in a low heat and the food is ready.
Moi moi can be enjoyed alone or with rice, also you can even use i to eat noodles. Especially, specially cooked noodles like this one here is a good option.