How to cook coconut rice with coconut milk one of the easiest form of cooking rice. In this case, there is no stress of blending and extracting raw coconut milk. So, in this case, use already made rich coconut milk to cook the rice in a fast pace.
In other words, rice is cooked in many ways including fried rice, white rice and stew, jollof rice and so on. Aside the aforementioned ways of cooking rice, you can as well use pepper soup to eat white rice. However, in this article, I will be walking you through to how to cook coconut rice with coconut milk at home. Therefore, stick around and let’s get the journey into the cooking going.
In addition, it is worthy of note that since it is coconut rice we are cooking, we are expecting the taste of coconut in the rice. For that reason, use other ingredients sparingly to keep their taste on the background. Above all, know that the other ingredients are there just to enhance the flavour of the coconut not to override it or to be at per with it.
Below are the list I used in this cook up.
List Of Ingredients
How To Cook Coconut Rice With Coconut Milk
- First of all, wash and precook the rice. To precook the rice, pour some water into a pot
- Place it on a cooker and let it boil
- Wash the rice with cold water to remove dust
- Pour the washed rice into the boiling water and let it boil for about 5 to 7 minutes
- Wash the rice with fresh water to remove excess starch
- Pour in the washed rice into the boiling water and allow it to cook for about 3 to 6 minutes
- Drain out the water using a sieve and set aside. However, you can decide not to precook the rice if the rice you are going to cook is the soft type
- Chop the bell pepper and onion into small sizes
- Peel out the skin of the garlic and ginger, dice and set them aside
Get Ready The Chicken
- Cut the chicken into a desired size
- Wash the chicken and put them in a pot
- Put some of the chopped onions
- Add bouillon cubes, some salt, a little diced garlic and ginger
- Cook till tender and set aside
- Pour some vegetable oil in a pot
- Heat until a hot oil smell start coming out from the oil with a mild smoke
- Put the chopped onion, diced garlic and ginger
- Stir fry for 1 minute
- Pour in the water from cooked chicken?
- Put the rice and stir
- Add the coconut milk and stir
- Put bouillon cubes, salt, stir and cover the rice
- Cook for about 25 to 30 minutes or until the rice is cooked
- Put all the chopped bell pepper and green peas
- Stir, and cover the rice to steam for about 2 minutes
Finally, dish out the rice and serve with water or any drink of choice
In conclusion, use a concentrated coconut milk and a lot of it to achieve a well balance coconut taste in the rice. However, if you want to use real coconut then follow this following steps
- Crack the coconut open
- bring out the white inner part
- Cut them into small pieces
- Pure all of them into a blender
- Add some water and blend
- After that, Pour the blended paste into a bowl, pure water into it
- Massage it a bit and sieve out the milk into another container and go ahead to cook your rice with it
How do you like your coconut rice?