While beans is a very important, nutritious, and delicious food. It is important to understand how to cook beans to avoid bloating. Human beings have cultivated beans for thousands of years, it is a highly neglected and ignored food because of bloating, In addition, the health giving food which I call life in a seed is affordable and as well easy to cook.
Furthermore, Beans are healthy food packed with fibre, vitamins, antioxidants, protein, iron, potassium and low in fat.
My Beans Bloating Experience
I remembered when I was in the boarding school. Beans was always the dinner served on Tuesday nights but it never records high attendance. So, it was at that point that I realised that most times it is not enough for food to be nutritional, but should have less or no after effects.
Because the dining hall was mostly scanty during beans time more than any other meal time back then. In fact, the lover of beans then where looked at with lots of disdain, contempt and zero admiration. I mean, you can’t be a beans eater back then and seat with high class girls who don’t eat beans. For the reason that beans may cause bloating in some people, also May lead to too much bowel movement because of its high fibre content.
Furthermore, it causes some people to pass a lot of flatulence and this could be embarrassing. As a result of some of the discomfort associated with eating beans, a lot of people try as much as they can to stay away from eating it.
How To Cook Beans To Avoid Bloating
In this article, I am going to walk you through to How to cook beans to avoid bloating. So stick around while you get insights that might help you have some good beans eating experience. Remember, beans is meant to be enjoyed and of course how you cook it goes a long way in adding colour to it. Also, how you cook it makes it more desirable and prevent getting you bloated.
First of all, to reduce bloating and gas effect of eating it, here are the few steps to take.
- Sort it by removing all the chaff and bad ones among the beans
- Wash it thoroughly with a warm water.
- Boil some water in a cooking pot
- Pour in the beans in the boiling water
- Boil it for about 5 minutes.
- Drain the water out of it and rinse again with fresh water before cooking.
To ensure that the bloating effect of beans is reduced or better still eliminated, follow the steps in how to cook beans to avoid bloating. And here are the ingredients needed for cooking it, also the steps required are as follows.
List of ingredients
- Raw beans
- Palm oil
- bouillon cubes
- Blend onions, pepper and crayfish and set aside
- Pour some water in the beans and star cooking
- Add some palm oil to the beans while it cooks
- Put some paprika and stir
- Pour in the blend of onion, pepper and crayfish and stir
- Add salt and bouillon cubes to taste
- Cook on a reduce heat till tender
- Dish out the food and enjoy it warm
Cooking beans slowly on a low heat for a long period of time, gives it a very nice taste. Cooking it overnight gives it a well balanced taste and nice colour.
Paprika makes the colour of beans very appealing and tasty. Crayfish with all its nutritional value and taste is perfect for beans as a result. No additional seasoning is necessary, meaning you can skip the bouillon cube step. Crayfish awesomeness in food and all the nutritional facts is a must know.
In conclusion, this amazing food is very palatable and delicious when you eat it alone. However, you can enjoy it with ogi, custard, rice, yam. fried plantain. Lastly, eat beans with noodles or pasta.
Health benefits of eating beans
- Beans can assist with weight lose: Because of the high fibre content, eating beans makes you feel full on time and reduce a spike in blood sugar level. With this, you stay full for a longer time and have more energy supplies making you not to eat more than required.
- Source of protein: Protein is an essential nutrient. And beans contain amino acids which forms proteins and in turn help build our body muscles
- May regulate blood sugar level: Beans has low glycemic index. As a result will not spike blood sugar level. Other health benefits of beans
How to you like to eat your beans?